Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s advice works

Alright. Here is my take on this whole deal.

There seems to be many separate goals with this situation. One is to get into this girls pants (aka win the Sklansky bet). The second goal is to have a relationship with this girl. But I think the whole goal in the big picture is to do things that increase your overall happiness.

So called manipulative techniques, such as playing hard to get, demonstrating high value, making attractive girls put you on the highest rung of the social ladder and thus have sex with you to validate themselves, all work very very well to achieve the first goal. In fact, they are the best way to get the most tail with the most attractive girls. Whether this is equivalent to happiness is to be debated, and to be determined by each individual person.

So if you want to win the bet, and that is your primary goal with this situation, then by all means go for the manipulation and what not.

However, in my experience, the manipulative techniques do not lead to quality relationships(which I define as open honest relationships without jealously and lies). In the end, a quality relationship with no sex brings me more happiness than banging a chick but having no quality relationship. I mean, how can you expect manipulation and half truths to help lead to a relationship without manipulation and half truths?

The problem is the type of women that such techniques work on are women who are weak mentally, and thus need validation from others and need to chase something that they view as valuable in order to value themselves. Basically, manipulation and games will attract women who thrive and need manipulation and games.

I find straightforwardness and honesty lead to quality relationships(not necessarily sexual, just relationships in general) with people who are secure enough with themselves to not need the validation of others. It leads to win/win relationships more or less. Where validation and crap lead to win/lose relationships.

The problem lies in the fact that women, and even people in general, who are straightforward and honest are very rare. But if somone is a confident, independent person, they really should have no need for dependent people. They simply seek out whatever maximizes their happiness, while not sacrificing other peoples happiness(because I believe happiness gained by removing another persons happiness is really an illusion).

So, to win the bet, go for the manipulative stuff.

But to have a quality relationship, go honest and straightforward. If she rejects that,and would only have sex with someone who is manipulative, then she is not someone who would make you happy anyway, IMO.

Anyway, this is only my thoughts on the subject. I do not claim its right or wrong, its just what I think.

Good luck, or maybe good skill