Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Full Ring vs. 6 Max from a skills development perspective? (No hand)

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but a search didn't turn up anything. All that I've read contrasting full to 6 max has been in the context of someone moving from full to 6 max, and the differential skills required for/developed in a 6 max game.

With the advent of 6 max on Party at .5/1 though, probably a lot of people will go there instead of full ring. From a long term skills development perspective, how important is full ring play at the micros? Especially where on a 6-max table, there seems to be 4-6 people to many flops?

I'm not really talking about which is more profitable, comfortable, etc., more about playing skills. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Full Ring vs. 6 Max from a skills development perspective? (No hand)

If you want to learn how to fold, play full-ring.

Seriously though, I think full-ring is a very different game than 6-max and building skills at one won't necessarily transfer to another. Each game will build different skills.

Just play whichever game you want to get good at. I personally suck at full-ring because all that folding makes my eyes glaze over.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Full Ring vs. 6 Max from a skills development perspective? (No ha

The main differences between 6max and fullring is 6max is 10 handed where the first 4 people fold. Also, your equity in blinds increases, so you'll have to defend in the blinds a little more.

With the addition of the .5/1 and the 3/6 sixmax games, I really can't see a reason why you should't progress through the shorthanded games if you feel more comfortable there.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Full Ring vs. 6 Max from a skills development perspective? (No hand)

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to learn how to fold, play full-ring.

Seriously though, I think full-ring is a very different game than 6-max and building skills at one won't necessarily transfer to another. Each game will build different skills.

Just play whichever game you want to get good at. I personally suck at full-ring because all that folding makes my eyes glaze over.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you are too loose/passive at 6max so I'm thinking you should be folding and raising more than you do
Old 07-11-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh you are too loose/passive at 6max so I'm thinking you should be folding and raising more than you do

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see. My results say differently so far. I think you guys focus on raising too much preflop and don't focus enough on postflop play where the money is.

Maybe loose-passive wouldn't work at $5/10 (or even $2/4), but it's working so far at $1/2.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see. My results say differently so far. I think you guys focus on raising too much preflop and don't focus enough on postflop play where the money is.

Maybe loose-passive wouldn't work at $5/10 (or even $2/4), but it's working so far at $1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey I'm all about postflop being the more important, but major errors in preflop play, make it much less likely that the player is decent postflop

playin 39/10 isn't gonna cut it, even at 1/2 .. def not higher, you'll get eaten alive at 3/6 up with that preflop play

if you don't want to improve your game thats fine, cash out the profits from you hot streak .. drop down to .25/.5 and gambool it up, otherwise expect to redistribute all of that profit fairly shortly, once the cards cool down