Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 06:41 PM

Default AA Passivity

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Schneids is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Schneids calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Schneids calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Schneids calls, SB calls.

How do you like my playing this hand so far (would you have played it differently?) and what's my river plan depending on what card comes?

SB I have noted as loose-passive both pre and post flop.

BB I have noted as loose aggressive PF and middle of the road aggression post flop.

And FWIW UTG was all around loose passive.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:24 PM

Default Re: AA Passivity

Are you afraid of trips? Or why all this calling? If you are afraid of trips rivercard is of no importance, call it down. If u arent, I dont understand why u dont raise/cap flop and/or raise turn.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:37 PM

I'm pretty sure I'd 3-bet the flop and try to check the turn behind. There aren't a lot of cards that will hurt you if you let the turn go by free.

If you continue to get action after basically annoucing your hand as AK, then you should look into folding.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:54 PM

I like it! Someone else is betting the hand for you are getting the LPs overcalls. Only thing that sucks is if the LP sucks out. If either has the 6, you loose less, if your hand is good, you win more. At this point I see you as either way ahead or way behind, so i see nothing wrong with riding the wave here.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:33 PM

Okay, I reread the post and the action's different than I thought. In particular, there's no place you can 3-bet like I recommended, so let's forget that.

I think I'd consider calling on the flop for information, but the check-raise and check-3-bet sure do suck. Calling down to the end is probably alright. If I felt I could inspire enough fear into the early players with a flop raise to check behind on the turn, I'd do that instead.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:38 PM

Schneids plays goot.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:33 AM

i think a flop raise here will help define opponent's hands better. if SB or BB 3bets or caps, then they are saying "i can beat AK". right now, then could have a 6, or something like AK themselves
Old 08-07-2004, 04:34 AM

Default Results and Such

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kc Jh (two pair, kings and sixes).
Schneids shows As Ah (two pair, aces and sixes).
SB shows 9s Ks (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: Schneids wins 16 BB. </font>

During and after the hand I felt like "hmmmph this is kind of a cute line to take," but I think I like it. Basically, my initial plan was to call the flop and raise on the turn, which changed when the explosion occured on the flop. I didn't think the check-3better had trips since why would he try to knock out so much of the field, but at the same time, I wasn't ready to raise on the turn and face a three bet. I felt perfectly fine calling down and letting people behind me stay in since my hand wasn't exactly vulnerable.