Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 AM

Default (LC) Button raises pissing me off....

Everyone is always raising on the button and trying to take my blinds usually once we get to 50/100. Whats the best defense against this? Just calling and seeing a flop or reraising? Also, is it correct for me to always raise on the button once the blinds get this big?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (LC) Button raises pissing me off....

There is no one defense. Generally if you are shallow you will want to re-raise eventually. However, you never "always" raise. The hand you need to raise depends on the villain's steal-raise range. Post some example hands (with villain reads) and you'll have a better response.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:22 AM

maybe sngs are not for you.

Also, I think you need to do some reading on basic sng strategy. you should start with the FAQ thread. Stealing blinds is vital in sngs, but you need to learn the who, what, when and wheres first.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe sngs are not for you.

Also, I think you need to do some reading on basic sng strategy. you should start with the FAQ thread. Stealing blinds is vital in sngs, but you need to learn the who, what, when and wheres first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started playing them after getting ticked off from all the suckouts at 50NL 6 max lol. I have been 4-tabling the $11 and FTP and doing alright. I will checkout the FAQ and reread HOH2. I find most of my problems in the endgame.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no one defense. Generally if you are shallow you will want to re-raise eventually. However, you never "always" raise. The hand you need to raise depends on the villain's steal-raise range. Post some example hands (with villain reads) and you'll have a better response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have any reads on the villians usually, I play on full tilt so I dont have them tracked or anything. But against a player who ALWAYS raises the blinds on the button when I am in them what hands do we call or reraise with? His hands are clearly random so do we raise top 20%? call top 30%?