Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: If a book on SnG\'s came out, wouldn\'t they die?

I'm sure you are right to a degree.

I've got two expressions for you:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to tell the difference.

And also "don't piss into the wind."

As far as free advice being given out, I'm a little ambivalent about it, but I find it hard to fault people for being helpful to the competition.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are quite a few people who play for fun and wouldn't want to stick to a winning strategy even if they knew about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. There are plenty of people who know that they aren't getting the right odds to call an all in with just their draw, but they do it anyway cause they like to gamble.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:41 PM

Yes, I agree with all these arguments. Just the natural sense of progression is lost when info is given to everyone
without that everyone working it out for themselves.Not general strategy but the smaller nuances of wherever we are.
I will not be popular here with my views but popularity is not what I seek.I wish to tell the already strong players just to be a little careful with what info they give out.Whoever sells a book,good luck to them,that at least I understand why they would do that.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the advice microbet.I do appreciate it.
I know at least you have read in between the lines and understand where I am getting at.I am very sure others too have understood but do not wish to comment.

My thoughts on this were just that maybe just maybe some very strong players did not realize the impact of there actions.When I started out as young player full of it,I also gave out free advice to whomever asked for it.I found out later it has a snowball effect.I was very young, I made mistakes.If someone was there to point it out for me that I was making a mistake I would of appreciated it.I got plenty of thank you's back then,2 years later the young guns had driven out all the social players and started to believe anyone who was not on their poker level must be stupid.Me and my big mouth helped me to end a very lucrative position that I was in for what?Thank you's.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:45 PM

Does anyone else see the similarity between “experienced” 2+2ers helping noobs improve their game, and US immigration issues?

Everybody wants to be the last person in, except for their family and friends....
Old 12-10-2005, 09:32 PM

This reminds me back to when I used to play Blackjack. There are more than a few good books out there on the topic, but there were still plenty of awful players.