Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Saturday Big Deal on PR

anyone else in? starts in one hour! im soo excited.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Saturday Big Deal on PR

I'm in Dead money. I shouldn't be, but I'm in like Flynn, Baby! Table Moscow. Got someone to double me up when my kings tripped and I feigned weakness.

CSC
Old 05-07-2005, 04:27 PM

I figured that was you...im at Hamburg with 1400ish. GL
Old 05-07-2005, 04:37 PM

name?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:53 PM

OHCE, im out...I got hosed. I played really well but things didnt quite go my way. One badish beat where some guy had six outs after the flop and hit when we were all in(lost 500ish). One hand I have a straight on a 38TAJ board with 97 and some guy had KQ and it was check until the river were we got some chips in(lost like 500). I had Q6 on a QJ6 flop and some guy with no chips(300ish) who limped into my BB had QJ. It just wasnt meant to be...oh well. GL, hope you take it down...ill drop by later to see if your still kickin

Also...I was shocked at how terrible some of the play was. It was comical. I had only played in two of these before when I got tickets from Euros to what they used to call the Main Draw and the play was a least a little better. I had people at my table who didnt understand basic concepts...if only I had a hand or two. I didnt regonize many names in this one either. Its too bad all the qualifers suck to get into this one or I would try to play it every weekend, terrible players and good payout structure(kinda flat, but eh) The chip structure is super weak for a 300 dollar tournament though. 1500 and 15 min levels! It should either be a 2500 stack of 30min levels...oh well.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:07 PM

tough beats. I'm fishing it up in Coventry now. I keep calling value bets. I'm such a fish. Still alive though, 1900 chips. This tourney would be so different for me if not for one hand -> 22 in the SB, button raises, I resteal, he calls with AK and finishes his str8 on the river. If I could have A) folded, or B) won the coinflip I would be sitting so pretty now. Instead the AA I got a few hands later served only to double me up to 2k.

CSC

CSC
Old 05-07-2005, 05:23 PM

BB action gone horribly wrong. blinds 75/150, I have 2400 SB has 1800. He raises to 375. I call with T9 looking to outplay him AF. Flop is AA6. I'm happy cause it looks like it'll be easy to bluff on the turn. He bets 150, I call. Turn is a 9. All of a sudden, it isn't a bluff, I think I have best hand, but he can still draw to 6 outs, maybe. So, he checks, I push, he calls - A7.

KQ isn't good enough 3 hands later and I just threw my tourney out with the bathwater.

CSC
Old 05-07-2005, 06:55 PM

BB action gone horribly wrong. blinds 75/150, I have 2400 SB has 1800. He raises to 375. I call with T9 looking to outplay him AF. Flop is AA6. I'm happy cause it looks like it'll be easy to bluff on the turn. He bets 150, I call. Turn is a 9. All of a sudden, it isn't a bluff, I think I have best hand, but he can still draw to 6 outs, maybe. So, he checks, I push, he calls - A7.

way to outplay him, csc. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

way to outplay him, csc. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm so good that sometimes I outplay myself. If you were as good as I am, you'd understand. Keep working, some day you'll get there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]