Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: No balls in my son\'s sack. He\'s 6. Surgery needed?

[ QUOTE ]

Then again, I got staggered when a few OOTiots said they had never even seen their dad's junk in a recent thread. I guess I'm easily surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am still wondering about that one. what are the circumstances?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:11 PM

You will know he is padding the bill when he all of a sudden discovers a double hernia and fixes it while he's in there. This happened to me and my brother.

In my case, at 10 or 11, it was identified during a school physical. The school wouldn't let me take gym without it being fixed for some reason???
Old 10-31-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You It doesn't sound like one of those things that you have to be wheeled into the emergency room for right away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Testicular torsion is a true surgical emergency. The boy is at increased risk for this condition. Sounds like they are Medicaid-eligible, as well, which might make this an affordable proposition.

I think you are combining refractile testes and true undescended testes in your comments.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:16 PM

Man this sucks. I hope all works out for you and your family.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will know he is padding the bill when he all of a sudden discovers a double hernia and fixes it while he's in there. This happened to me and my brother.

In my case, at 10 or 11, it was identified during a school physical. The school wouldn't let me take gym without it being fixed for some reason???

[/ QUOTE ]

i had this done also at around the same age, and yes there was a hernia also. i only had one straggler btw
Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a 6 year old and no insurance? Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 40 million people in the same boat in this country.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:19 PM

I'm sorry, as I say, I'm no expert and no doctor. My understanding was merely that he had undescended testes with nothing wrong with them. If he had something already wrong going on besides the simple lack of descent, I definitely wouldn't be saying perhaps you could wait a few weeks or a couple of months. I was just thinking that if there's nothing going on that isn't a true emergency or immediately significant, the financial consequences of surgery to an unemployed guy could be fairly devastating. If he can qualify for Medicaid or something, that would change things too. I wouldn't want him to leave his son sick or injured, of course.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Then again, I got staggered when a few OOTiots said they had never even seen their dad's junk in a recent thread. I guess I'm easily surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the circumcision thread that got so big. It was up just a few days ago. People were talking about the effect of a kid seeing his pecker looking different from his dad, and a few chimed in that they had never even seen their dad's pecker. I thought that was really bizarre.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the circumcision thread that got so big. It was up just a few days ago. People were talking about the effect of a kid seeing his pecker looking different from his dad, and a few chimed in that they had never even seen their dad's pecker. I thought that was really bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know.. i was asking what were the circumstances of seeing your dad's penis. i have never and thought it was pretty weird that so many had.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM

I was just trying to make the distinction between lack of descent (ever) of his testes (which is something that ought to be taken care of sooner rather than later if possible) and retractile testicles (which strongly tend to pop back up...due to an exagerration of a reflex called the cremasteric reflex).

If it's the former case, then I think you are presenting far too cavalier an attitude about it. If it's the latter, then I'm considerably less concerned.