Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Default To MEBenhoe

Just thought you would enjoy seeing this - found it as I was trying to figure out why I kept disconnecting from poker edge.

2+2 h8rs
Old 07-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: To MEBenhoe

I probably would enjoy reading it, but can't because I get an error when I click that link [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 10:08 PM

I finally got to read it:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I never sent out a single email of complaint, and as far as I know, neither did anyone else. If you guys want go ahead and blame me, but unless Party support reads the 2+2 forums and thought my post was a good idea, I can absolutely guarantee you I had nothing to do with PE getting banned.

However I did get a good laugh out of that so thanks.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:34 PM

Got a link or text to post? I don't use PE but I'm somehow sucked into this whole fiasco.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:00 PM

Edit: Just to make sure no one gets confused, this is the text from the Poker-Edge forum, not my own personal thoughts in anyway

2+2h8rsfault

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:45 pm Post subject: The problem... Reply with quote
...is the hate from so many 2+2ers that knows no bounds. Here's one example:

Who wants to be an @sshole with me (I'm a douche)

These haters will stop at nothing and have even blatantly admitted to being willing to exaggerate, as well as out and out lie, to put an end to various softwares they deem "unfair".

This recent attempt at a mass-mailing follows there last recent brilliant effort to make the SNG 100's and 200's softer by all e-mailing Party, blatantly admitting they play "professionally" and "for a living" (even though they should obviously know this is absolutely restricted by T&Cs) , and complaining that the games are "too tight" and requesting higher buy-ins to "soften up the 1's and 2's for them" (paraphrased).

F@cking j@ckoffs.

They're joining together and sending out mass e-mail's fighting against us, using deception no less- we must do something to combat this. I will dig up more links, but I suggest the PE team send relevant posts in threads of this nature to PP showing them the blatant and unfounded hate, and lengths they are willing to go to, to defame a completely fair piece of software.

Forgive me, I wish I had more links on hand, and could've made my points more eloquently, but I'm rather p!ssed at the moment.

One more note, check this e-mail to a 2+2er:

Quote:
LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE PROHIBITING EVERYTHING

Dear xxxxx,

PartyPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through
cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of
such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per
our Terms and Conditions.

Regarding your query on *pokertracker, playerview and poker-edge*, as they fall
in the above categories, usage of the same will result in poker account closure
and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regards,

Chaitanya
Investigations Team,
alerts@EmpirePoker.com

Here they are clearly saying PT is no good! I can't even imagine the madness that this could bring, my God.

But really, to the point, it seems crystal clear to me that these 3 rules absolutely do not apply to PE, PO, PT, or any of its add-ons. This makes no sense.

But I guess I shouldn't be suprised with all the e-mails they've probably been getting. I think it's time we had our own mass-mailing. Before anyone goes and e-mails them though, if you're not sure what to say (and what NOT to say), draft it here first, or wait for a response from PE support. A couple 2+2ers not meaning any harm sent in some mails that were worded so poorly it actually probably hurt our cause.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 PM

it would not be hard to bypass them not allowing pt, unless they radically changed the way the hhs worked.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:12 PM

Oh no I am not blaming you for anything, and don't care particularly in one way or the other. I just thought you would get a kick out of that thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]