Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Post for david...

Hi. I recently began a thread with some basic questions about blind stealing/defending. I was directed to this thread and just finished reading through. Wow! Lot of info. It looks as though many are probably just as confused as I am. As a fairly new player, I lean toward the tighter side of the bb defenders, but it seems loosening up probably cant hurt. Can anyone give a basic strategy for when to defend, attempt to steal, etc. against typical opponents? Or is it too opponent dependant? I am at a loss for how to go about improving in these situations, especially with all the confusion even among top players over how to play these situations.

If JA is right, and 100/200 cant even be beaten without a solid knowledge of blind stealing/defense, isn't Sklansky being quite misleading in advertising his texts as sufficient for beating high limit games, or at least for turning good players into great ones? If playing by the letter to his texts (tight from blinds in SSHE/not much specific info in THFAP) cannot ensure more than breaking even in 100/200, then I for one am pretty dissappointed. Perhaps JA is incorrect, though. Whatever the case, I realize I have MUCH to learn, and would appreciate any help with this part of my game.

S and R
Old 05-25-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Post for david...

As best I can tell, we have several competing answers, and no one can back their answer with data.