Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 09:26 PM

Default I flopped the nuts......

...... but then I began to wonder. Live 15/30 game at Canterbury Park (my first forray into anything above 8/16, but I won $500 at 6/12 so I figured I'd give ait a swing). Villain here is a bit of a nut. Earlier at 8/16 I watched him get 2 sets cracked, so he may be a little tilty. He also plays a bit maniacally, trying to push people off better hand with junk.

I think my table image is TAG, I've only shown down a few hands, but they've been good ones.

9 handed. 2 limpeers to me in MP with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], maniac limps behind, blinds come along. 6 to the flop for 6SB.
Flop
5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to me, I bet, maniac raises, folds to me, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets, I.......

Do I ever slow down here? At what point to I worry that he is free rolling me with 78 of crubbies?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: I flopped the nuts......

somewhere between about 6-10 bets you need to stop out of fear he may be freerolling. it happens.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 AM

FWIW, 78 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is also (semi)-freerolling on the flop.

Out of interest, how many bets is it usual to go in these situations, when you still have the (split)-nuts on the river against a tilting maniac? I imagine you totally piss off the table fairly quickly.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 AM

is there any reason to not go all-in against a maniac?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:16 AM

LOL, doh. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

That might be quicker. Still takes some time online I guess, but don't give a [censored] about pissing people off then.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:43 AM

well, i've never played live outside of washington, so i've never been in a no-cap headsup room. so i couldn't very well tell you about the ettiquette of it. but i wouldn't let up unless i was 100% sure that the other player knew what was going on. against an unknown, screw everyone else. i'm going all-in.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
...... but then I began to wonder. Live 15/30 game at Canterbury Park (my first forray into anything above 8/16, but I won $500 at 6/12 so I figured I'd give ait a swing). Villain here is a bit of a nut. Earlier at 8/16 I watched him get 2 sets cracked, so he may be a little tilty. He also plays a bit maniacally, trying to push people off better hand with junk.

I think my table image is TAG, I've only shown down a few hands, but they've been good ones.

9 handed. 2 limpeers to me in MP with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], maniac limps behind, blinds come along. 6 to the flop for 6SB.
Flop
5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to me, I bet, maniac raises, folds to me, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets, I.......

Do I ever slow down here? At what point to I worry that he is free rolling me with 78 of crubbies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the guy was a nut, I thought I'd go 10 bets and reevaluate on the turn. As it was, he stopped when I 7-bet.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he calls.

he shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Results

nh
Old 05-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Yeah, you flopped the nuts, but if he has any type of a freeroll (any heart or club with 87 - or the dreaded 87clubs) you are a slight dog to a 1/3 dog. If you are against a flush draw or a set, things certainly look better - how tilty is he? I go five bets, then try and get things going again on a non threatening turn where I go another four bets.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]