Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: AQo, weird limp reraise to my right

All right, I guess this hand is hopeless. No mods are moving it, and all the OOTiots are bumping it and replying with admittedly funny responses.

Results: he had KQo and rivered a 3-outer. I think I should have bet the turn when checked to. I doubt he's trying a screwplay here.

My river call was out of confusion -- I've found most limp-reraises like this to be total B.S. And because I showed weakness on the turn, he's liable to bet any river card with nothing.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 PM

And, of course, right when I post this -- the thread gets moved.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:19 PM

I probably would have called on the river too.

Villain is betting into a king, which isn't a good sign. Except that he also limp-reraised from MP2. Who knows what the hell he's doing? Maybe he's trying to rep the king and push us off of our TT, which we checked behind with on the turn for some reason. (Or perhaps he just has T9s and is hoping the king missed our AQ/AJ/AT.)

Or maybe he has 55 and checked the turn because he made his hand. But anyway, I think my doubts would get to me, and most of the time I'd call.

(Actually, the last time I faced a limp-reraise as weird as this one, I got checked to on the flop. I had missed the flop with my KJo or whatever it was that I was isolating with, and I checked behind. Villain bet into me on a turn blank, I folded, and he showed the table his AA.)
Old 10-27-2005, 09:41 PM

assuming you think he's FOS, but don't want to enter into a peen waving contest on the flop... why not bet the turn?

as it is I'd be afraid to fold the river but it seems correct... there's certainly a chance villain is bluffing the K after your turn check behind... so I see the call... but I'd rather have put my last bet in before it fell.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:03 PM

I'd bet the turn instead of calling the river.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trying to pick up a read on villain?

I'd probably fold the flop,and if not fold the river

Looks like you're leaking chips

[/ QUOTE ]

folding the flop sweems pretty bad to me. You should have a healthy amount of respect for limp reraised hands, but a healthy amount of doubt that they are necessarily AA. With this many outs and given where the limp reraise came from, the possibility that the raiser is fos, I think you need to at least see the turn. It's damn hard to imagine many hands you don't lose to on the river though.

If the results hadn't been posted you could take this at face vealue rather than revisionist thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My river call was out of confusion -- I've found most limp-reraises like this to be total B.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

half the time I feel the same way, the other half the time it's aa or kk. I can't seem to get my finger on what type of players will do this with strange hands. It never seems to fall in line with the players I'd expect.

I've taken to limpreraising aks and aqs about one out of three times from ep when there are a lot of people in the hand (the reraise not the limp). I do so because if the table tightens up a lot after a pf raise, I need to be able to limp reraise aa and kk from utg, and it builds some nice pots when I have an equity edge over most of the stuff out there. I used to think I would always be happy just winning the blinds with aks and aqs, but these days I like mixing it up more.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:30 PM

Sorry for silly question. What does FOS stand for?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for silly question. What does FOS stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Context!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like your river call

[/ QUOTE ]