Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Iran vs Israel

This thread is quite remarkable.

Question for you, zipo:

Could Iran, using "terrorism", "wipe Israel off the map"?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 PM

>>Question for you, zipo:

Could Iran, using "terrorism", "wipe Israel off the map"?<<

Well, you are confounding the issue here.

First, Cyrus categorically refutes the notion that asymmetrical warfare is warfare, and that it can be carried out by Iran's military. This is obviously absurd - it is clear that he persists in this line of 'reasoning' only because his factual arguments have been soundly refuted.

The issue of Iran's president proclaiming that Iran's goal is to (quote) "wipe Israel off the map" was only raised to clarify Iran's intent. Honestly - how can one seriously deny that this is Iran's intent? When a head of state makes such a declamation, is this not to be taken seriously?

As far as whether state sponsored terrorism can "wipe Israel off the map", this was not the issue raised in the thread. Cyrus clearly asserted that Iran was not a military threat to Israel - I merely pointed out that state sponsored terrorism is indeed a military threat.

If you wish to weigh in refuting this point, go right ahead.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A terrorist threat is a military threat if you consider the result of both is a big pile of dead Israelis

[/ QUOTE ]

So, a military threat is considered a terrorist thread when you consider the result of both is a big pile of dead palestinians --- ooops ragheads dont count!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: \"Wipe Israel Off the Map\"

[ QUOTE ]
It makes me wonder, sometimes, for whom these sorts of statements are really intended

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit wondering. You answered your own question.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Zipo wet

[ QUOTE ]
Oh it's a veritable theatre of the absurd. QUICKLY! Hide in the basement! The Iranians are coming -- asymetrically! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of New Yorkers who would have been glad of a warning of imminent assymetrical danger.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Zipo wet

[ QUOTE ]
When O when is MMMMMM going to weigh in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading this thread with interest, but have refrained from commenting, as the list of topics spelled out were not the issue I was arguing with Cyrus; also I have discussed many of these issues in previous threads, and have no wish to rehash old ground while I am busy trying to win a jackpot.

I will however note that Cyrus is all wet, because Iran and their minion army Hezbollah obviously pose a potentially serious threat to Israel, and are capable of inflicting severe damage if they so decide. Just because they could not (at present) defeat Israel, does not mean they could not harm Israel severely.

Hezbollah is an extremely well-trained, well-organized, and well-equipped terrorist army, and may in fact pose a potentially graver threat to even the United States, than al-Qaeda.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:25 PM

The very purpose of a State is that it's citizens' lives, Arab or Jewish, are more valuable than the lives of non-citizens.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>>Question for you, zipo:

Could Iran, using "terrorism", "wipe Israel off the map"?<<

Well, you are confounding the issue here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you refusing to answer the question?

[ QUOTE ]
First, Cyrus categorically refutes the notion that asymmetrical warfare is warfare, and that it can be carried out by Iran's military. This is obviously absurd - it is clear that he persists in this line of 'reasoning' only because his factual arguments have been soundly refuted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not interested in your interpretation of what Cyrus has said. His statements are in this thread for all to see, as are yours. I'm quite certain that people can judge for themselves who has the better of the argument.

[ QUOTE ]
The issue of Iran's president proclaiming that Iran's goal is to (quote) "wipe Israel off the map" was only raised to clarify Iran's intent. Honestly - how can one seriously deny that this is Iran's intent? When a head of state makes such a declamation, is this not to be taken seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely irrelevant to my question.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as whether state sponsored terrorism can "wipe Israel off the map", this was not the issue raised in the thread. Cyrus clearly asserted that Iran was not a military threat to Israel - I merely pointed out that state sponsored terrorism is indeed a military threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you refusing to answer the question?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:08 AM

Why are you turning a complex issue that affects millions of lives into a simple question?

If Iran could kill one Israeli with terrorism, doesn't the Israeli government have a responsibility to do whatever it takes to prevent the death of that Israeli?

It must be fun to criticize everyone while living in a state that has no real military threats.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:50 AM

>>Why are you refusing to answer the question? <<

I gave a comprehensive, cogent reply to your question in context, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were not trolling.

You are no longer entitled to the benefit of that doubt.