Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Another dream post

Does anyone else have dreams where you are falling, and then all of a sudden you land with a thump, and at the same time wake up and feel like you have just falled into your bed?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Another dream post

yes, sometimes I'm not even fully asleep. I issued a bloody nose once with an errant backhand.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:12 PM

Yes. I heard the medical explanation for this on TV once but forget now.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM

Okay, I've changed my mind. This is now post all your dreams you can remember post.

Dream 1- Age 3-5- My bed falling in an infinite void and then my brother walking in. Don't remember anything else about the dream. I think it only happened once.

Dream 2- Age 6-7- I were kidnapped and brought to a large pasture with sheep. There were large bushes in the shape of a donut in spots and a fence (one of those two with pararell poles running paralell to the ground) around the whole thing. Anyways the two guys that ran the place were these two Italian looking guys who made us race against sheep and if we lost, they would shoot and kill us. Anyways, the final race I had to race against my brother. I recall delaying the dream by waking up a number of times before the end, obviously trying to delay the death of one of us. I ended up running to one of the edges of the field where there was a tall, wide shrubbery, peaking my head through and seeing a highway. I walked into the highway and there were two detectives there and that was it. No more dream. Obviously a recurring dream.

Dream 3- Age 3-8??- I was in all grown up (although I don't remember me being all grown up but I assume I was by teh context of the dream) in a carriage in a 1800's country lane setting. I remember being with a wicked hot, although 1800's looking woman and then being woken up.

That's all I have for now and I have no idea how I remember them, but I do for some reason. If any others spring up, you amateur freudians can try to solve those as well.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:42 PM

The only dream I had when I was little that I remember, was I was eating dinner with my mom and sister, and this manequin(sp?) with no head, hands or feet, wearing a denim jacket and pants, came in from the hallway and I just remember thinking it was going to kill all of us. I dont remember what happened, and I only remember this dream because I remember thinking it really happened when I was younger.

The only reoccuring dream I have is that Ill be in some sort of danger, and I cant run. Like I try to run, but I just run soooooo slow, like people can walk faster than me, and im running as fast as I can, and as hard as I try I cant go any faster.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:46 PM

I have a similar one but instead of running its fighting someone...it's always like they hit me and I go to hit them back but as hard as I try it's never more than a push.

I also had one once when I was with my ex girlfriend...I dreamt she cheated on me and I woke up in a cold sweat and before thinking yelled "how the [censored] could you cheat on me"...to which she replied, "no [censored], you cheated on me, remember?"

That one wasn't so fun.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:03 AM

I have a bunch of dreams that recur now and then; no idea why.

How about this. Has anyone had a "dream" where you were laying down on your bed but could not move while you gasp for air?

This has happened to me a few times and its pretty scary. It happens when you conciously wake up but your body is still paralyzed and for some reason you cannot breathe. Very scary [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 12:08 AM

I used to have a repetitive dream when I was younger about getting chased through the snow by a guy with a shotgun.

The only other dream I remember was from my nap this afternoon when I was [censored] 3 chicks at once at the Bellagio.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 AM

I must have been 4 years old when I had this dream, and it must have been right after I watched The Wizard of Oz. In my dream I must have done something bad, because my dad sent me to the wicked witch's castle. It was a huge medieval style castle with a giant draw bridge. The draw bridge came down and the witch was standing there, about 30 feet tall, and doing her laugh.

Doesn't seem like much now, but it was scary enough at the time that I still remember it in detail.