Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 08:47 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: The art of retouching

btw none of this is surprising to me at all since i work in a professional photography lab and see retouched/unretouched photos every day. i'm sure most people here have had family or senior high school portraits taken with standard retouching done. of course probably not as overdone as the link above, but still. i mean really, who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a portrait of themselves only to see wrinkles, bags, blemishes, etc ? people want to look nice.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 PM

I think its funny that every girl has a bigger ass.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am glad you made that comment and thank you.
Women are constantly being compared to those so called "perfect women" you see in magazines which is completely absurd. Men need to get their heads out their asses and realize that the majority of women in magazines are fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are just as guilty of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are just as likely, if not more so, as men to accept the fake, airbrushed versions of women in magazines as the standard of what a woman should look like.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Women are constantly being compared to those so called "perfect women" you see in magazines which is completely absurd. Men need to get their heads out their asses and realize that the majority of women in magazines are fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are just as likely, if not more so, as men to accept the fake, airbrushed versions of women in magazines as the standard of what a woman should look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Women are bombarded with these fake images of artificially enhanced models which have become the standard of most men's expectations. Women want to look like that just because they are being compared to them.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Women are bombarded with these fake images of artificially enhanced models which have become the standard of most men's expectations. Women want to look like that just because they are being compared to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored]! Get on a treadmill every once in a while!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:21 PM

ouch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored]! Get on a treadmill every once in a while!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do treadmills make you look airbrushed?
Old 08-29-2005, 09:34 PM

Most men realise that even if the supermodels really do look like that, their chance of meeting and scoring with them is not very high. They also understand that real women just aren't made that way.

Now boys will certainly compare you pound for pound, but they don't know any better. They haven't been with a real woman before.

So while the retouching is pretty amazing and can go over the top, it's all about marketing, and a secure woman (does one exist?) would not feel threatened by it, unless she prefers going out with boys rather than men.

My sister is a model, so I've known about photo retouching and all that. A lot of the shots she does go untouched, but there were a few where retouching improved the photo significantly, which makes it more marketable.

Anyway, girls who spend large amounts of time in the morning putting on makeup are doing their own "retouching" every day. It's pretty close to the same thing. If one is okay, I don't see the problem with the other. Everyone wants to look better.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
original:

new:

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it say if I prefer the original?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Funny thread. Please, could someone post some good retouching-guides. I'm to lazy to google.