Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 03:51 PM

Default WOWOWOWOOWOWOOOWWOW-nitzilla

ESPN should remove all poker content from their website. NITZILLA
Old 08-27-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: WOWOWOWOOWOWOOOWWOW-nitzilla

I'm pretty sure this was posted before.

I recall someone pointing out the whole bit about 'max-raising' which is a strange phrase in a limit game since you can only raise a set amount.

This hand was played REALLY REALLY well. The writer should be proud:

I got 5-6 suited in the hole. Small suited connectors is not a bad hand to play, just ask Doyle Brunson. I called the big blind. The flop came K-8-3. I bet and was called by an early-40s, football player-type. The turn was a 7. We both checked. The river was an 8. He bet and I max raised him, trying to get him out of the pot. I had nothing but junk, but I knew he had nothing, too. I wasn't guessing he had nothing. I knew he had nothing. And he called me with ace high.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this was posted before.

I recall someone pointing out the whole bit about 'max-raising' which is a strange phrase in a limit game since you can only raise a set amount.

This hand was played REALLY REALLY well. The writer should be proud:

I got 5-6 suited in the hole. Small suited connectors is not a bad hand to play, just ask Doyle Brunson. I called the big blind. The flop came K-8-3. I bet and was called by an early-40s, football player-type. The turn was a 7. We both checked. The river was an 8. He bet and I max raised him, trying to get him out of the pot. I had nothing but junk, but I knew he had nothing, too. I wasn't guessing he had nothing. I knew he had nothing. And he called me with ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

so far in the article the guy sounds like a douchesicle who thinks hes way better than he actually is.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:28 PM

this article blows donkey dick. this guy is the "ESPN poker researcher"?

wow.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy sounds like a douchesicle

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is an apporpriate comment at all.

You have insulted thousands of douchsicles all over the world by comparing them to this guy.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the guy sounds like a douchesicle

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is an apporpriate comment at all.

You have insulted thousands of douchsicles all over the world by comparing them to this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL oh man. that was great.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:56 PM

My Response:

Title: From all those who play poker...

Please stop writing poker articles for ESPN. They are painful to read. If 2/4 is so hard to win at, you should move up to 30/60, because people never calldown someone who plays 56 suited, donkbets with a gutshot, then checks, and then raises a blank that obviously missed both your hands.

Email me if you want an article about how terrible I am at poker, Ill have a heads up table waiting online. 2/4, naturally.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Calling stations.
Instead of playing premium hands and then picking and choosing other spots to play, these players call everything. Have a 2-7? You might as well call. How about 4-9? Take a shot. When I got a decent hand, I'd raise. Sure enough, I hear that word from one player after another: "Call." The players won't raise or reraise because: a) they probably don't know how to do it, and b) they have nothing and just want to see a flop. If a flop comes A-K-6 and the pot is raised and reraised, you'll likely fold unless you've made a hand like trips, two pair or top pair with a good kicker. The guy called. The turn was a 4. There's another raise and reraise. The guy calls. The river was a 4. Another raise and reraise. The guys calls again. He goes runner-runner and makes a full boat with 6-4. He looks right at me and said, "That's how you do it, son." I think he meant, that's how you put someone permanently on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. Calling stations.
Instead of playing premium hands and then picking and choosing other spots to play, these players call everything. Have a 2-7? You might as well call. How about 4-9? Take a shot. When I got a decent hand, I'd raise. Sure enough, I hear that word from one player after another: "Call." The players won't raise or reraise because: a) they probably don't know how to do it, and b) they have nothing and just want to see a flop. If a flop comes A-K-6 and the pot is raised and reraised, you'll likely fold unless you've made a hand like trips, two pair or top pair with a good kicker. The guy called. The turn was a 4. There's another raise and reraise. The guy calls. The river was a 4. Another raise and reraise. The guys calls again. He goes runner-runner and makes a full boat with 6-4. He looks right at me and said, "That's how you do it, son." I think he meant, that's how you put someone permanently on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, that is so something I would say at the table too... he refered to him as son... pwned
Old 08-27-2005, 05:41 PM

I had to email this guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the laugh. It took awhile to realize you were serious with this article. Seriously, if you can't beat 2/4 games then you outta think about taking up a tougher game like War or Go Fish. I hear the players play better in those games.

[/ QUOTE ]