Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Update on the Brazilian guy killed by police last month

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey guy, being an X -cop doesn't the fact the guy got shot 7 times in the Head sound weird. I find that very hard to believe. I think its sensationalizing, to denigrate the cops.7 times baloney. The only way I see that happening is if the cops were all standing at point blank range and plugging the guy for fun. Thats why I say BULLSHIT.

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was shot 8 times in all. Seven times in the head, and once in the shoulder. Eleven shots were fired, but three missed. This isn't denigrating the cops, this is public record.

If you don't believe me, check out this link: BBC report on shooting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is n't your article so it isn't you was questioning. Don't take it personally.

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I'm not taking anything personally. You said that you doubted that the victim had been shot 7 times. I provided an article from the BBC website that proved that he had (actually, it showed that he'd been shot an eighth time in the shoulder).

However, if your point is that I didn't write the article on the BBC's website, we'll you've got me there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was exactly my point. It is just hard to believe that's all. You made some good points yourself regarding the police policy on when to detain suspected terrorists.
Like you said, why not stop him before he gets in the tube?
I don't know?

Many
Old 08-17-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey guy, being an X -cop doesn't the fact the guy got shot 7 times in the Head sound weird. I find that very hard to believe. I think its sensationalizing, to denigrate the cops.7 times baloney. The only way I see that happening is if the cops were all standing at point blank range and plugging the guy for fun. Thats why I say BULLSHIT.

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was shot 8 times in all. Seven times in the head, and once in the shoulder. Eleven shots were fired, but three missed. This isn't denigrating the cops, this is public record.

If you don't believe me, check out this link: BBC report on shooting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is n't your article so it isn't you was questioning. Don't take it personally.

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I'm not taking anything personally. You said that you doubted that the victim had been shot 7 times. I provided an article from the BBC website that proved that he had (actually, it showed that he'd been shot an eighth time in the shoulder).

However, if your point is that I didn't write the article on the BBC's website, we'll you've got me there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was exactly my point. It is just hard to believe that's all. You made some good points yourself regarding the police policy on when to detain suspected terrorists.
Like you said, why not stop him before he gets in the tube?
I don't know?

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the problem...it's incredible to think that the guy was shot 8 times. I guess they just wanted to make *really* sure that he was dead.

What's even more interesting is that he wasn't wearing clothing that could conceal a bomb (despite the police's earlier claims that he was wearing a thick parka), and he wasn't carrying a backpack (despite the claims that he was).

It looks to me like the only thing he did wrong was running for the train while not being white.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it the normal operating procedure of London Police to let suspected terrorists walk around freely after being spotted -- or better yet, let them enter a tube station?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's even worse. He took a BUS to the Tube station.

(/this should be in politics)
Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 PM

That'll teach 'em.

<font color="white"> Let's see what kind of responses this drums up. </font>
Old 08-17-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like the type of guy who bitchs when they make a mistake, and bitch that they were not there when you got robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you sound like the kind of guy who leaps to conclusions and prefers ad hominem arguments to thinking about things.

By the way you're wrong. I have no problem with the police making mistakes. I have a huge problem with them covering it up in some sort of Big Brother rewriting of history.

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] happens wrong every day, I am sure that 99% of the coppers out there are trying to do there best everday, in every situation...its alot harder then siting around playin online poker all day nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, a personal insult. Would you say it's harder than being in the army - which I was until a knee injury stopped me? I guess sitting around taking cheap shots is better than trying to argue on the facts.

I'm sure that most policemen are good people working to mak the world a better place. I'm also sure that when they screw up they and the police force almost always try to cover their ass.

[ QUOTE ]

for assholes like you to live in. So go fck yourself. Oh yea..have a nice day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a well thought out closure to a brilliant post /sarcasm.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:53 PM

Happy birtday jake.

<font color="white"> Not what you were expecting? :P </font>
Old 08-17-2005, 03:56 PM

collateral damage.......
Old 08-17-2005, 04:06 PM

I am not leaping to anything here chief, just reacting to your post of
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can't say it surprises me that the police are trying to cover their asses. Always have, always will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i agree the cover up is wrong period. But your general portrail of the police pisses me off. The rest of my post reflects my pissed off state...that being said sorry about the "fck yourself" comment. But again you need to realize you cannot cover all of us with your BS blanket comment of [ QUOTE ]
I'm also sure that when they screw up they and the police force almost always try to cover their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Either you are a complete moron for thinking this way, or just an anti agency kinda guy, either way you are wrong.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:31 PM

No worries, if I actually cared about people saying mean things about me on the internet, I'd probably have checked into a mental institution by now.

When I screw up, I often try and cover my ass too. The difference is that when I screw up I don't shoot innocent people multiple times (well, I did during an army training exercise a few years ago, but it was pretend shooting).

Covering your ass is a natural reaction, and usually causes more problems than it solves. I'm just basing it on what I've seen on both big and small scale over the last few years.

Maybe I am exagerating, but given the power the police have over the populace, they need to be held to a higher standard than us citizens, and that includes admitting they made mistakes.

I'm not saying to fire the officers or prosecute them for murder. I am saying that lying and then getting caught blatantly lying is not a good thing for anyone, especially the police, and that it happens a lot.

Whether or not 99% of cops are good people (and I believe they are), the reaction to mistakes seems to be to close ranks and deny the truth to protect the officers involved. It's an admirable instinct, and probably necessary given some people who do thing policemen should take dire consequences for their mistakes.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:28 PM

I agree with 99% of what you have said here...friends [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]