Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 05-16-2005, 02:38 PM

Default 2+2 home game trip report

"I've got a five"

"I can beat that"

"Two of them"

That is all.

-Diplomat
Old 05-16-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Action

I come out of the washroom and raise blind UTG. someone calls, someone else calls.

board comes QJ5JK. I bet the whole way. get called the whole way. I turn over my first card, a 5. Then the above conversation takes place.

Thank you to Zygote for the beverages, do you take neteller?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM

Default \"nh\"

straddle ahead of me, I post live restraddle, jackdaniels posts rerestraddle, Zygote pussies out. magithighs raises. some 3-bettor 3-bets. someone calls. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet. jackdaniels calls, magithighs raises, someone folds getting somebignumber-1, straddler 3-bets and I cap.

Turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, magithighs calls weakly, straddler folds.

river comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, magithighs thinks a couple minutes and calls.

I win.

ps sorry i dont remember everyone's 2+2 handle.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Action

You know, it just occurred to me that we both did that to each other; you did it to me when there was two tables, me to you later that night at the main game. Ni han.

-Diplomat
Old 05-16-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: \"nh\"

Yeah, this hand. The flop was actually nine-high; I had 49o and folded pre-flop for the first time ever. I don't know what I was thinking.

-Diplomat
Old 05-16-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
magithighs thinks a couple minutes and calls.

I win.

ps sorry i dont remember everyone's 2+2 handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

He he. I found out one of my biggest weaknesses -- being able to read the board, put you on a hand and not pull the trigger at the river. I figure I had the best hand. I put you on a busted draw and didn't pull the trigger on the river.

You may recall me saying at the flop that you caught something, but your something is much different than most players something. I was saying you were on a good draw.

Anywho, even at smaller stakes than I'm used to, I couldn't pull the trigger. ni han, ni han.

Thanks to JD for hosting a fun night and Diplomat for making the most amazing hands with the lowest starting requirements.

Cheers
Magi
Old 05-17-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks to JD for hosting a fun night and Diplomat for making the most amazing hands with the lowest starting requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was suited?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks again to JD, very kind of him to open up his house to us tossers for the night.

-Diplomat
Old 05-17-2005, 01:59 AM

check-raise?

ooooh, sophisticated player!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: 2+2 home game trip report (X posted in Home Poker)

Hey guys,

I wanna thank all those who came out for the game, hope everyone had as good a time as I had.

For the record (and to entice those who couldn't make it!) - pots were often in excess of 25 BB (thanks to Gamblor paying for everyone to call pre-flop - we had quite a few "family pots”). Straddles, re-straddles and re-re-straddles were (and should be!) the norm in any game played under 2+2 auspices (ESPECIALLY drunken 2-4!).

And Magicthighs ability to go from Zero (all in) to Hero in one hand (rivered K high flush in a 40 BB pot) is and will remain my highlight of the night (till the next 2+2 event of course!).

Till next time – Peace,
JD
Old 05-17-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: 2+2 home game trip report (X posted in Home Poker)

I misplayed many hands during the evening (thankfully most of them were misplayed into wins) but the one I remember and regret was Gamblor as the SB stealing my BB on the river.

He had limped preflop as usual when it was folded to him. I raised as usual. Flop was 3 big cards. A rare check check. Turn another big card. A 2nd check check. River some random small card. Gamblor bets. I look down at 98 giving me 9 high with the 4 overcards on board. I am pretty certain he has no better but with such a small pot I decide for once to play some responsible poker and lay it down.

He shows me 9 high and I missed the split.

Damn your bluffing ass Gamblor.