Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 05:52 PM

Default I think I reached a milestone last night...

...I was accused of being a bot by three different players at three different tables last night. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oddly enough, I've never been accused of being a bot before...though I'm sure most of the better players on here get the accusation thrown at them all the time.

(Not that I'm saying that a bot is better than a human...that debate has already been beaten to death on here)

I guess my playing seemed a little too good to be true for them...LOL. I was thinking of replying with "ERROR: TEXT NOT FOUND" or something equally computer-sounding...but instead I just kept my mouth shut and let them continue thinking that they were playing against a machine.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: I think I reached a milestone last night...

I got this the other night at Party 3/6. The funny thing was it was just because I was getting good cards, like being a bot makes you get AA then KK back to back. I just kept quiet, let them think what they want.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:04 PM

I was accused of working for Paradise and I just replied "Yea I was just hired about an hour ago, paying well so far"
Old 02-04-2005, 06:08 PM

Wouldn't it be better to let them know that you're NOT a bot, especially if they're fishy? Or did you get the impression that they would prefer to play against a bot, or would play worse if they thought you were a bot?

(I actually like the idea of the "ERROR: TEXT NOT FOUND" reply, followed a few minutes later by "just kidding.")
Old 02-04-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of replying with "ERROR: TEXT NOT FOUND" or something equally computer-sounding...but instead I just kept my mouth shut and let them continue thinking that they were playing against a machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it would have been fun to do, I would suggest not ever considering doing such a thing. It's best to just let morons keep being morons without adding fuel to the fire.

If you were to do something like that and were reported, the site might be just as moronic and think you were using a bot.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:13 PM

I would want to make the fish happy... "nah, just getting lucky with good cards" works. I think this is very important.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would want to make the fish happy... "nah, just getting lucky with good cards" works. I think this is very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part is the hand in which one of the fish started accusing me of being a bot. I was BB and checked with 62o with 3 limpers. The flop was QK3, everyone checked, turn comes a 4, everyone checks, river is a 5 giving me the str8. Keep in mind I had "check/fold" pre-selected on every street. I bet on the river, the guy who accused me later of being a bot raises, I re-raise, he caps. He shows A2 for the str8 5 high, which lost to my str8 6 high. That's when he called me a bot.

Apparently checking on every street with my 62o in the BB and lucking into a gutshot str8 made me a bot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 07:22 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently checking on every street with my 62o in the BB and lucking into a gutshot str8 made me a bot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you get it? When you have a hand that crappy, you're supposed to give it up without a fight, even if you don't have to bet. Or else you're supposed to bluff with it, and then give up when someone plays back at you. That's what I see the other fish doing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Mike