Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 PM

Default TruePoker Cheque Fun

I made a cashout at Truepoker a week ago. I don't use NetTeller or Firepay (I might consider using them now, though), so I had to receive my payment through cheque. It took a little longer than I was expecting (they courier you cheques over $1500, and it had only taken a few days to receive my cheques in the past), but received my cheque today.

Here's where the fun begins:

1) The envelope had been opened by Customs, which is why it took longer than expected.
2) When they resealed the envelope with heavy-duty packing tape, they also managed to tape the cheque as well. When I removed the tape to open the envelope, the cheque ripped in half.
3) I then taped the cheque back together, hoping that the bank would accept it. The rip was pretty clean -- it managed to avoid any numbers. However, I don't know how strict banks are about accepting damaged cheques, so I was worried.
4) I emailed Truepoker to ask them if it would be possible for them to cancel my cheque and send me a new one. They responded that I would have to mail them back the damaged cheque first, and only then would they mail me a new one (rather than just cancelling the one I had).
5) I thought about it, and then decided to try to deposit the cheque with the rip in it. I didn't want to risk having the cheque getting "lost in the mail" on the way to Costa Rica.

But here's the best part:

6) As I'm about to deposit the cheque in the ATM, I noticed something that made the whole experience complete: They mis-spelled my name on the cheque. I emailed them back to tell them the cheque is uncashable by me (and I'm sure their records show that the cheque had a typo in it) and they repeated their request for me to mail it to them before they issue me a new one.

Sigh. I'm not a happy camper right now.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: TruePoker Cheque Fun

absolutely ridiculous

I hate getting cheques in the mail from poker sites - I've got two ever, and one went NSF
Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 PM

How bad is it mis-spelled? My expense checks from work always have my name spelled wrong and I've never once had a problem cashing them.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is it mis-spelled? My expense checks from work always have my name spelled wrong and I've never once had a problem cashing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was going to say this - if it's close it won't be a big deal
Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely ridiculous

I hate getting cheques in the mail from poker sites - I've got two ever, and one went NSF

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotten a few cheques from TP before, and they all went through okay. This'll be the last one, though. You'd think it would be enough for them to stop payment on it rather than getting me to mail it back to them. It's not like I can cash it -- the cheque doesn't even have my name on it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was going to say this - if it's close it won't be a big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...actually, it's only my middle initial that they've mis-spelled (it should be a G, but it's an H). Meh, you're probably right, it's not a big deal.

Now, whether they'll accept a cheque that's been torn in half and then taped back together is another story...LOL.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had 1 bounce myself out of 2 ever. Luckily they made it good by Western Union before going under.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Cheques, we send Bank Drafts via UPS for cashouts over $1,000

Hopey,

We sent you your cashout as a Bank Draft, via UPS. I was asked about your problem, where someone tore the check. I was the one who said to ask you to send it back and we would re-issue it (as I was told it it was a considerable amount).

I also told our support person to offer you reimbursement of the FedEx expense and to give you the FedEx physical address to return it. (I will check to see if that was told to you.)

The reason for requesting the return of a torn Bank draft is simple, we purchase bank drafts to pay players in secured funds if their cashout is over $1,000. We need the "old check" to recover the money ourselves.

(Players who use Neteller, Firepay, MyCitadel, or other ewallets at our site avoid "cheque fun" and receive cashouts even faster than via UPS.)

If you were not able to cash the check, due to someone tearing it in Customs or wherever, please email me at management@truepoker.com.

(If this check was not a bank draft, we could stop payment .... but my information was that it was over $1,000).

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker
Old 12-12-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) I then taped the cheque back together, hoping that the bank would accept it.
6) As I'm about to deposit the cheque in the ATM

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking this is where you take the extra time to go inside.