Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:05 PM

Default How far have you driven in one shot?

I recently met up with a friend from college and we were reminiscing (as mid/late 20s do when we dream of the freedom of college again) about stupid college stuff. My friend interned out in San Diego the summer before his senior year and stopped in Vegas on the way back. Then, on a solo trip he left Vegas and drove straight through until Geneva, NY only to arrive 41 hours later. He only stopped for fuel, coffee and sugar. He said he didn't remember much of it now but can remember after passing through some mid-america state he thought he was driving down hill the rest of the way.

We figure there are very few people out there that have gone this long in one drive, but I think OOT would be a good place to start. Although, this thread was ironic to find today. The isolation bit is similar, car vs. apt.

Any other long hauls out there?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: How far have you driven in one shot?

your friend is an idiot for endangering his life, and the lives of everyone else on the road. Kudos.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your friend is an idiot for endangering his life, and the lives of everyone else on the road. Kudos.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, moral barometer!

Longest was an 11 hour drive to Florida, pretty easy stuff.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree, I said the same thing when we were talking about the story. My words were "You must have been dagerous out there." Yeah, it was stupid and he was 21 years old. You've never done anything in your life that endangered others/yourself that you thought you shouldn't? I regret tons of stuff, which is why they call it growing up. These things also make good stories and are good reminders that as you get older there are people out there that are doing this type of thing today.

I also never said, this guy loves to drive really tired all the time and risk everyones life. He's probably one of the few people I know that has never driven drunk, I bet even you have done that. Although, it was just around the corner...right?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:22 PM

I've done lots of stupid stuff that should of killed at least one person I know, if not myself (I think the best example is super modified sleding: tie a snow sled to a car and ride behind it, I hold the world record at 55mph in a suburban neighborhood) However driving for 41 hours straight is just retarded, and no I have been driving my car while drunk.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've done lots of stupid stuff that should of killed at least one person I know, if not myself (I think the best example is super modified sleding: tie a snow sled to a car and ride behind it

[/ QUOTE ]
We used to do that too. I never really thought about how dangerous it was. Then again, I also doubt we obtained the speeds you did.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other news, water is wet, and the sky is blue.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 PM

Nothing extremely impressive here. I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to College Park, MD alone, only stopping for gas/bathroom once, a couple years ago.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 PM

HIM wins.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:19 PM

i did 600 miles once without stopping for anything, but my best overall is 13 hours