Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 11-02-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg christians r dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas you are the genius troll who maintains that "experienced" pot smokers do not suffer impairment in ability to drive when stoned as do drunks. Lay off the weed before posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute. You are actually giving him a hard time because he claimed it is easier to drive when you are very stoned than when you are drunk?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are telling me, however, that it was impossible to build the ark based on the technology of Noah's time, you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to tell me that this amazing feat of engineering was possible without divine intervention?

If yes, I won't dignify your answer with a response.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I'm not saying that divine intervention didn't occur. I've never said anything different. What I maintain is that the description of the account in the Bible is true.

As for the engineering of the ark, this group of Korean naval architects disagree with you.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You hate Protestants so much you seldom make any sense when talking to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my previous post again. I bet no one else here had trouble understanding it including non-believers. I don't hate protestants but only evasive and untruthful assertions to allow one to maintain a flawed biblical interpretation. Such assertions are maintaining that various scientific theories are less accurate than they really are, and saying "I don't know" just because the bible is not primarily a scientific and historical tract so you can mindlessly parrot an answer, instead of using your God-given intellect and God-given science to help arrive at a correct interpretation, instead of one your great-great-grandfather held.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, debating Noah's ark?

ok, here's my argument. *ahem*

You.

Can't.

Fit.

Every.

Species.

On.

One.

[censored].

BOAT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home.../arksize13.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't take this the wrong way... but, if you believe that, you're a looney.

[/ QUOTE ]
I noticed you didn't attack the substance of the argument. Calling me a name doesn't make it any more or less true.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're observant. But I guess this means you took it the wrong way. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

evasive and untruthful assertions to allow one to maintain a flawed biblical interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be specific.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
txa, I've got a question regarding the ark. Did the flood indeed cover the entire earth, so that all humans and land based mammals now living descend from those on the ark?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, BluffThis. Common belief is that it did indeed cover the whole Earth, but there is also a convincing Biblical argument that it was a local flood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sure! And Noah had to go an fetch all the animals specific from each continent, right? Kangaroos from Australia, kiwis from New Zealand, penguins from antartica, bisons from the americas, etc. So, did he build smaller arks to go and fetch them all? Not forgetting that he had to go and put them back in their proper places after the flood, unles they were going to skip and hop and swim all the way there as good homing pigeons.

No records of those travels of Noah's either and that would have been an achievement that was only technologically possible in the 19th century and I am sure more worthy of records than many other trivia contained in the bible.

Common, people, I am sorry but I will now refrain from making comments/replies to any one who claims that the bible if literally true. The absordutity of the position is so grotesque, that I feel there is no chance for those people. They will lead their life, blind to reality, stiffled by their narrow morality, in cuckoo's land.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

evasive and untruthful assertions to allow one to maintain a flawed biblical interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at your post above about "Man" having certain answers that might be right or wrong, and about "unprovable" assumptions. My point is that it is YOU who need to be specific if you think there is evidence enough that certain scientific theories are wrong and not make vague artful dodger-esque statments so that the conflicts between your biblical interpretations and science not be made more manifest and thus their implications for your holding a specific interpretation forced to be dealt with.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

not make vague artful dodger-esque

[/ QUOTE ]

My goal in life isn't to please you concerning what I believe or not about science. If you have something specific, go ahead.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Would such a fabrication be so demanding as the God of the Bible?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. The God of the Bible is absolutely the LAST God any sinner in his right mind would invent. The fact that people don't get this is proof of their bias and lack of knowledge of Christianity.

What God did DS invent? What God did Islam invent? What God did Mormonism invent? But an honest Christian will tell you that he can never take his salvation for granted and it's theoretically possible he is still under the wrath of the God he "invented"? Most of us aren't that stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it an assumption that a believer is the creator of this possible fabrication? Why couldn't it be someone who wanted to create a religion that they could take advantage of? Much like a parent who tells "ghost" stories to keep their children well behaved.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't it an assumption that a believer is the creator of this possible fabrication? Why couldn't it be someone who wanted to create a religion that they could take advantage of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which someone are you referring to? The Bible is made up of 66 books by (can't remember the exact number) of writers covering 1500 years or so. Who's the inventor and what advantage did he get?