Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 11-02-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
I just checked all of Not Ready's posts in this thread, and I didn't see an answer to the question. It's a question that can be answered in one word: Do you believe that there were humans living on the planet at the same time that dinosaurs were? Yes or no?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You misunderstood what I meant about NotReady's answer in another post applying to your question. Nevermind. As for your question, I already answered this in another thread. I said that although I might be answering out of ignorance, I do not believe that dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time as man. I also said that that is off the subject of the thread, as it is off the subject here also.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is the reason

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know when God first created man. I don't know the date God created trex. I don't know the date God created the universe. I don't know the date God created earth. The Bible doesn't give a date. Man gives a date. Man gives more than one date. Man gives the dates based on unprovable assumptions. Man may be right. Man may be wrong. I don't know.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said that although I might be answering out of ignorance, I do not believe that dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time as man. I also said that that is off the subject of the thread, as it is off the subject here also.

[/ QUOTE ]

d00d didn't u ever c jurassic park?

omg christians r dumb
Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg christians r dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas you are the genius troll who maintains that "experienced" pot smokers do not suffer impairment in ability to drive when stoned as do drunks. Lay off the weed before posting.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:22 PM

txag, please answer my question. If the Bible is true, word for word, then who found Jesus' tomb empty?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man gives more than one date. Man gives the dates based on unprovable assumptions. Man may be right. Man may be wrong. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how you replaced "science" with "Man". And how you think the bible is a source of pre-historic and scientific knowledge. Why don't you go research the difference between a "theory" and a hypothesis in science. It's pathetic to see a fellow christian resort to such mealy-mouthed evasions so as not to face the question squarely as not whether the bible is true, but is his own interpretation and that of his denomination is true. This should be a matter of both intellectual and spiritual integrity.

I know this sounds harsh and I have been sarcastic in the past. But our Saviour said yes when He meant yes and no when He meant No, and never evaded except on purpose so as not to enlighten those with closed minds and hearts. Science is merely an explanation of how God's creation works, and there should be no conflict between true biblical interpretations and true science. If there is, especially when it would take a parlay for multiple scientific theories to be wrong in order to make your specific biblical interpretations right, then how can you persist in such interpretations when there are other christian denominations without such conflicts?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, debating Noah's ark?

ok, here's my argument. *ahem*

You.

Can't.

Fit.

Every.

Species.

On.

One.

[censored].

BOAT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home.../arksize13.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't take this the wrong way... but, if you believe that, you're a looney.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, debating Noah's ark?

ok, here's my argument. *ahem*

You.

Can't.

Fit.

Every.

Species.

On.

One.

[censored].

BOAT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home.../arksize13.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't take this the wrong way... but, if you believe that, you're a looney.

[/ QUOTE ]
I noticed you didn't attack the substance of the argument. Calling me a name doesn't make it any more or less true.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

your specific biblical interpretations right

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? You hate Protestants so much you seldom make any sense when talking to them.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:15 PM

[/ QUOTE ]I noticed you didn't attack the substance of the argument. Calling me a name doesn't make it any more or less true. [ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're going to get many challenges with this one because most people here think that the argument is too dumb to discuss.

I won't act surprised when people don't seriously debate my argument that a pink zebra who lives behind the moon controls my breakfast cravings.