Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM

Default JJ vs Scary board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) converter

BB ($4.20)
UTG ($4)
MP ($3.65)
CO ($7.95)
Hero ($16.35)
SB ($8.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds.

Turn: ($1.15) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.15) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.65

did hero fold correctly?
Old 12-04-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: JJ vs Scary board

You can't a lot of limpers see the flop with a hand like pocket jacks, tens, queens. You need to raise it up to .50. Then I would have bet about a dollar on the flop there. In this case I would have re-raised the flop, then slowed down on the turn and river like you did...ending up folding on the river.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Limping this and playing for set value is OK. Raising preflop is probably preferred. Raising to $0.50 is nothing with 3 limpers already in, so you need to make it normal PFR + 1 BB per limper. So that would be $0.80? Hand would be much easier to play if you PFR.

Your play in the hand is fairly weak/tight. Although, with a straight and a flush flopped as possibles, I can understand a little bit. If it were one or the other as the only possibles, you need to play it more aggressively for sure.

As played, I'm not sure I fold on the end. The Ace is really a blank, as a bare Q already made a straight back on the turn. You need to be good here 60% of the time on the end to make the call profitable. and I think it's close. Playing it the way you did up to the river, it's probably an OK fold.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 PM

I think that 6-handed on the button, this is an easy pre-flop raise. On the flop, you really have to raise to protect your hand. This isn't a board where you want to play middle set multi-way.