Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: I found the hand. Is this an instacall? His small river bet scared me.

Protect your hand. Raise on the flop, or alternatively call the flop and raise (i.e. push) the turn. I would raise on the flop because not only do I want to protect my hand but because his minbets makes me want to vomit and punch him in the head. A raise is the closest thing i have to a digital punch.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I found the hand. Is this an instacall?

I don't got that phobia... or atleast I'd like to think so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am not putting him on a vlub here but most likely one so that's why I am just flatcalling the flop and then re-evalutating the turn if it comes blank. I am not against raising the flop after his weak bet but I wouldn't do it, I would call that tiny bet and re-evaluate if the turn came blank. Leak maybe? Hmm I will have to think about this.

EDIT: Hmm guess I missed he miniraised. It's a clear raise here then. Sorry. But I stand by my post saying to cold call if the raise was a bit bigger then raising the turn if it came blank.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: I found the hand. Is this an instacall?

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Hmm guess I missed he miniraised. It's a clear raise here then. Sorry. But I stand by my post saying to cold call if the raise was a bit bigger then raising the turn if it came blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsssk, good poker players can't miss such vital information [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: I found the hand. Is this an instacall? His small river bet scared me.

On the flop I would have raised it ($400) instead of flat calling. The villiage idiots bet was weak and I would have prefered to define my hand there. If he came over the top i would have no problem folding. His turn bet was scary but with your weak call on the flop it is understandable. I honestly don't know if I would have called it. Pretty read dependent. His River bet was weak and I have no problem with that call.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 PM

Hero raises the flop. TPTK is a bad hand to trap with on this dangerous board. 1/10th pot probe bet cannot be taken seriously.

Hero raises the turn. Villain either has a weak ace or is trying to buy the river cheap.

Hero instacalls. I don't like the way villain played the hand. Given how passive hero has played, villain should expect to get to showdown by checking. There are no hands that call that villain can beat.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises the flop. TPTK is a bad hand to trap with on this dangerous board. 1/10th pot probe bet cannot be taken seriously.

Hero raises the turn. Villain either has a weak ace or is trying to buy the river cheap.

Hero instacalls. I don't like the way villain played the hand. Given how passive hero has played, villain should expect to get to showdown by checking. There are no hands that call that villain can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post. I wasn't trying to trap pre flop. I was afraid of the clubs I guess. I think im coming to the conclusion that a push on the turn was a must here.