Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Help down 8k this year

I been playing poker for about a year, and I am down about 8k so far. I can't seem to balance my bankroll. I played anything from $1 to $200 MTT and SNG. My home is at pokerstar. So far I earned about 3k from makeing the final table, but I got nothing to shown for. I feel sick about my game right now and takeing sometime off.
I am reloading my account at the end month for about $300.
Please tell me how to build my BR back up with $300. Thank you for your help.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Help down 8k this year

[ QUOTE ]
I been playing poker for about a year, and I am down about 8k so far. I can't seem to balance my bankroll. I played anything from $1 to $200 MTT and SNG. My home is at pokerstar. So far I earned about 3k from makeing the final table, but I got nothing to shown for. I feel sick about my game right now and takeing sometime off.
I am reloading my account at the end month for about $300.
Please tell me how to build my BR back up with $300. Thank you for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play some $5 SnGos to start. Read a bunch of posts in the One Table forum beforehand. Then once you start making a profit on that I would start to play some $1,2, and 3 dollar tournaments on PokerStars. There are tons of them and one nice run can really elevate your bankroll again.

Good luck.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Micro MTT's, run 5-8 a night, and get Harrington on Holdem Vol's one and two.

post hands.

be honest when you review your own play.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:11 PM

Play 500 low-limit SnGs. If you show a profit, move up in level. Lather, rinse, repeat, throwing in an occasional low buy-in (not $200 you psycho!) MTT.

Oh yeah, if you're not playing, you should be reading. 2+2 is free, so start there. No time for friends and family! Let's do this!
Old 10-11-2005, 01:22 PM

study. or quit poker...it might not be for you.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
study. or quit poker...it might not be for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the former suggestion a lot better than the latter. Sounds like OP was a victim of poor comprehension of bankroll management as opposed to poor poker playing skills. Not saying both can't be true here, but that's why OP should study up, learn about bankroll management, and try it again the right away.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM

First thing you have to do is evaluate if you should be gambling at all. Is the money you're spending on gambling really expendable income? Is your gambling causing you problems with your friends and family? Are you depressed/obsessive compulsive? It's tough to be honest with yourself so sometimes you need to find a good friend and ask them what they honestly think.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First thing you have to do is evaluate if you should be gambling at all. Is the money you're spending on gambling really expendable income? Is your gambling causing you problems with your friends and family? Are you depressed/obsessive compulsive? It's tough to be honest with yourself so sometimes you need to find a good friend and ask them what they honestly think.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Sometimes, the people telling you not to gamble, are the ones you would least expect."

HAHA. Sorry, just reminded me of that commercial with the CEO of Harrah's. Admonish on!
Old 10-11-2005, 01:40 PM

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/20questions.html
Old 10-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Wow tough love. I'll live and learn or die as a fish. You' ll see me at the finall table. I came too dam far to quite now.