Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Mid stakes HU matches official sign up

WOW How did I miss this thread. I really want in... If any spots become available, or you expand to 48 or 64, I'm definitely in.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be there the 12th - 16th, maybe we'll see each other in the 10-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be in Vegas 12th-18th, not sure when I'll be at the Bellagio.

I don't exactly have the roll for 10/20, but I'd love to meet up with you guys anyway.

-dB
Old 12-25-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW How did I miss this thread. I really want in... If any spots become available, or you expand to 48 or 64, I'm definitely in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there no way of making this a 64 man tourney....?

There might be the interest necessary - Or does that make it too hard to co-ordinate ??
Old 12-25-2005, 05:37 PM

I could definately try, but I dont think we could get another 32 people, and the 600$ idea seemed to piss people off. We still have 5 spaces that we are waiting on, so people on the alternate list could still potentially get in in the next few days. If there really is interest in 600$ spots, speak up guys and ill see what I can do.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:06 PM

I will not pay 600 dollars for a 2nd round spot, but if there is any way I can get in this tournament, either as an alternate, or if you expand to 64, I'd like that.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not advertise the event in the SSNL or even in the SH forums? Set a cut off date like 1/1 and decide to go for 64 players or stick with 32 depending on the interest.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not advertise the event in the SSNL or even in the SH forums? Set a cut off date like 1/1 and decide to go for 64 players or stick with 32 depending on the interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? The original point was to do a little HU tourney between people on this board. Once you invite enough "outsiders", its just like any other tourney and the private aspect is gone. I see no point in forcing it to go to 64 when it seems clear (to me, I could be wrong) that there isn't that much interest. Furthermore, the larger it is, the more scheduling difficulties there will be and the longer time between the first match and the last. I'd support turning people away after 32 have committed (i.e. sent in money) over trying to get 48 or 64 when there it isn't totally obvious that that many people are interested.

Missing this tourney isn't the end of the world; if it goes off well and people enjoy it, I'm sure another one will get set up within a few months of the first one's conclusion.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:15 PM

I agree that 32 is best becuase 64 will not fill up and people dont seem to like the 600$ idea. Sorry if you didnt get in, but we did signups in a pretty fair manner.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that 32 is best becuase 64 will not fill up and people dont seem to like the 600$ idea. Sorry if you didnt get in, but we did signups in a pretty fair manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair manner....isn't first come first served....

A fair way would have been to announce a thread in which people could post their interest...Instead a thread was created and it was the first 32 people to PM you....

2+2 has 40,000 registered members....What u are saying is anyone could play if they registered and PM'd you....So the idea of not allowing any SSNL posters to play is a bit silly....as they would be equal competition heads up....

A 64 man tourney could and possibly would be too difficult to organise....But you possibly don't know how many are actually keen on the idea...

*A $600 buy-in into round 2 was the fairest way either....

*How do u determine a Mid Stakes Poster...the moment a few "higher" buy-in guys showed up....people dropped out...Wheres the sense of competition....

In the HSNL Forum...no one complained that such and such was playing they just got on with it....

They floated the idea to see who was interested and then took it from there....

I would have been interested but I first saw the thread when people were arguing about who replied in the post first....

I acknowledge the effort being put into the organisation...But I think that next time, consider many people may not be logged in who would have a valid interest in playing...

Regards

Vavavoom
Old 12-25-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the HSNL Forum...no one complained that such and such was playing they just got on with it....

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest, when the sng / mtt / limit player(s) signed up, I (I should say we, but I'll leave it in as I, to speak from 1st person and not put words in others' mouth!) were excited because rightly or wrongly I felt Ihada big advantage over them.

That still remains to be seen. (In fact, "they" have done well round 1)

IMO I think for scheduling purposes it should be 32 people. But if this goes off and is successful, no reason not to expand it. Honestly, it should be fun!!