Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-14-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Pot Limit Omaha

Is 2 Plus 2 ever going to do a pot limit omaha book? This is one of the most popular games today and I am very surprised they haven't done one yet. Is there even a good book out there on PL Omaha. I've read SS2 & that's it.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Pot Limit Omaha

Wow, took me about 10 seconds to find the answer to your question. Try searching google and amazon for books.
How Good is Your Pot Limit Omaha?
Champtionship Omaha
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 PM

He asked if there where any GOOD books out there ... I haven't read the above, but since McEvoy is the author of Championship Omaha I already hear alarmbells ringing ...

Bob Ciaffones book is ok I have read in the PLO Forum FAQ, but out of print
Old 12-14-2005, 07:32 PM

Mason posted here a few months ago that 2+2 has NO plans to publish a PLO book. There really aren't any good books out there that would apply to playing PLO on the internet at a $100 buyin table. Rolf Slotbloom has said he may be coming out with a PLO book but it probably wouldn't be for a while since his holdem book is due out in a few months.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:32 AM

Hey douchebag, instead of being a [censored] why don't you give me some useful information. Your reply was absolutely useless. I asked if 2 plus 2 was going to make a PLO book & if there were any GOOD books already on the market. Thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my time.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:34 AM

PLO chapter in "potlimit and nolimit poker" by Ciaffone & Reuben is very good.
"How good is your potlimit omaha" by Reuben is not good in my humble opinion.
I heard that "Omaha Poker" by Ciaffone is good but I dont know anything about it as I dont have it (its out of print now).
Dont buy anything by McEvoy. Its not worth it.
The best thing about PLO ive ever read is Steve Badger article abou PLO/8 (yes, its about PLO/8 but general concepts apply to PLO as well) you can find it on his webpage.
Also search for poster "robbo" ( or sth like that) he has very nice webpage about PLO with some discussion about hands. Unfortunately I dont remember exact poster's name and web address so it may take some time to find it.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:39 AM

Ciaffone: Omaha Poker - out of print, but it's a must read. Check ebay, if you live in the Vegas the Gambler's Bookstore might have used copies.

Ciaffone&Reuben: PL&NL Poker - in print, and a must read. Refers heavily to the prior book.

Reuben: How good is your pot limit omaha.

You seem to imply in your reply to photoc that you don't think Reuben's book is good. If so you are mistaken, it's solid gold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As others have said 2+2 have no official plans on a PLO book.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that "Omaha Poker" by Ciaffone is good but I dont know anything about it as I dont have it (its out of print now).

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambler's Book Club Vegas has a reprint aailable $16. It is spiral bound/ photo copyish so you won't get exicted about the exterior but it is the best Omaha book I have ever read.

I am going to disagree about How Good is your Pot Limit Omaha? Put me down under not impressed. I never finished the book, I made it through about three or four chapters. I might make another stab at it but I didn't think much of it.