Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 01:57 PM

Default TD2-7: Getting action with #2.

I've been bouncing between 2/4 and 4/8. They're much different games.

Villian (UTG) here is fairly straightforward. I haven't seem him raise crap to try to make a break, and he's never caught a bluff. But, I haven't played enough against him to figure out his raising standards entirely. He limps too much. I don't think he's very observant, so I have a hard time telling what he thinks of me.

1st round call is loose, a raise behind me would be painful, but the table is pretty passive. Opinions on drawing three?

Who puts in another raise on the river here? Villian has already gone five bets with this hand. I will only get 3-bet by a wheel here, probably. There is also the possibility that the third player will overcall.

Euri10's TD converter

Level: $2/$4
Players:
SB($40) seat 0
BB($225) seat 1
UTG($147) seat 3
Hero($238) seat 4

Button at seat 4

SB posts $1. BB posts $2.

Hand: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG calls. Hero calls. SB calls. BB checks. SB takes 3. BB takes 3. UTG takes 2. Hero takes 3.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 2(2.25BB)

SB checks. BB bets. UTG calls. Hero raises. SB folds. BB calls. UTG calls. BB takes 1. UTG takes 1. Hero takes 1.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 3(5.25BB)

BB bets. UTG raises. Hero re-raises. BB calls. UTG re-raises. Hero calls. BB calls. BB takes 1. UTG stands pat. Hero stands pat.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 4(15.25BB)

BB checks. UTG bets. Hero calls. BB folds.

Showdown:
<font color="white">UTG shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font>
Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: TD2-7: Getting action with #2.

I'd prefer to cap the turn, since that way you can be sure five big bets go in without the risk of a sixth.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:25 PM

I think he three bet the turn, and got four bet by UTG, no?

I'd probably raise the river. I would not fold to a raise.

Passive ass preflop game. Do you usually call on the button with a duece and a seven and draw three after one limper?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he three bet the turn, and got four bet by UTG, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm too used to the HE converter which notes the cap.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Passive ass preflop game. Do you usually call on the button with a duece and a seven and draw three after one limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two limpers, definitely. Otherwise it depends who's in and who's in the blinds. Some players will limp much better hands and some players aren't willing to raise good hands vs. a lot of limpers.

I am more willing to do this with hands like 772xx and 722xx where it is less likely somebody has a strong draw.

I'm just an action junkie.