Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 PM

Default How do you play that draw?

I am playing a 20$ 180 people on PS. We are in the third level 25-50. I got decent cards and now have 2500.

I have AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG limps (1200 chips)
UTG+1 limps (3000 chips)
MP raises to 200 (1800 chips)
Hero Call (2500 chips)
Blinds Fold
UTG calls,
UTG+1 calls

Pot = 875 (4 way)

Flop : 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks
UTG+1 checks
MP raise to 500
Hero?

Reads : No read on UTG and UTG+1, my instincts tell me that MP has an overpair 80% chance or AK 20% chance. I don't see him raising with a PP that hit a set after two limpers (from early position).

You can also discuss about my pre-flop call, but I called because I was on position and had a decent hands, even if I figured I was behind, it was a good enough drawing hands against decent stack to play it.

What do you do?

There's a lot of possibilities that makes this hand interesting (IMO). If you call and UTG or UTG+1 raise or if everybody calls and you don't hit or if you raise to how much and why do you do that?

Turn and river to come...
Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: How do you play that draw?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you mean MP bet out on the flop rather than raised on the flop?

This is an easy call IMHO. You probably have other outs besides the nut flush draw. With his bet, he is offering you about 13-5. With implied odds, that should be plenty to see another card.

I don't even mind another caller here. Your real decision is what to do if one of the checkers pushes after you cold call. Also, how are you going to play the turn if an Ace or Jack come, because you could still be behind.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 PM

OK,

Scenario 1 : I call, UTG folds, UTG+1, makes it 1500, MP goes all-in (1800), Hero ?

Scenario 2 : I call, UTG folds, UTG+1 Calls

Turn : A of spade, UTG+1 bets 750, MP calls, Hero?

I was also thinking if Raising on the flop was a good idea?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK,

Scenario 1 : I call, UTG folds, UTG+1, makes it 1500, MP goes all-in (1800), Hero ?

Scenario 2 : I call, UTG folds, UTG+1 Calls

Turn : A of spade, UTG+1 bets 750, MP calls, Hero?

I was also thinking if Raising on the flop was a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scenario 1: hero calls. Hero has 8-11 outs and is getting like 3:1 to call.

Scenario 2: You're certainly at least calling. You're getting amazing pot odds even if you don't have the best hand. Your flush outs alone justify this scenario, but it's fairly unlikely. With a pot that big and a 4-flush on board, if someone has 99 they're going to bet more than 750 - more like 1200-1500, probably.

I'd limp, because I think more callers is better, because the bigger the pot and more people, the better the odds you stack someone if you hit. How you play the turn just depends on the stack sizes and the bet, if there is one.

Here's a scenario: you call, all fold. Turn: is Tc. Checked to you.

As far as reraising the flop, you can certainly do it. If your opponent has TT or under and no set, you are +EV even without fold equity. But if he has QQ+ or a set, he's not laying it down and you are not a favorite with only 8-9 outs.

So I like a call. A call is unquestionably +EV on the flop, whereas a push depends on what your opponent holds and how likely he is to fold. If you think he's weak and *likely* to fold to a push, then push.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:34 AM

he has 1100 left after betting?

Put him all in. There shouldn't be turn and river decisions, ,this flop hit you good, pound it.