Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: How much $$ do the top online players earn?

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard to say from the 2+2 community who's pullin g down big bucks. i know it ain't me. i'm with the guy trying to make enough for the mountain dew at the quicke mart.

in "ace on the river" barry g. says that playing online at the 150-300 level for 40 hours a sweek with a marginal advantage over the game(i think he said 2%advantage) you should make $150k per MONTH! he said that's what he would expect from a 'pro' that played at the highest stakes online. that puts you at $1.8 million a year.

that seems like crazy talk, but he did the numbers to back it up. he also said that wasn't good enough for him so he has to play live so he can make some real cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is these games don't even run all the time, and it's very difficult to put in 40 hours a week at these limits. That said, the top top players who put in 40 hours a week are definity going to make over a million a year. Hell, putting 40 hours a week you might be able to pull a million in the party 2k games.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Schneids,

You have me curious now. Among your group of online poker pro friends, the average hours per week is less than 30? Really? What do you think the average hours per week across all winning online poker pros is?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:40 PM

20-30.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids,

You have me curious now. Among your group of online poker pro friends, the average hours per week is less than 30? Really? What do you think the average hours per week across all winning online poker pros is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than james, I play the most and I average about 25 hours per week. Schneids is lucky to play 25 hours per MONTH.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:50 PM

I really cannot conclusively speak because I do not talk to most of my "poker friends" about actual poker often. Plus, maybe it is different with the online pros who are in the 3/6 to 10/20 multitabling type range and they are better at putting in hours, but from my observations the ones who play higher take more frequent breaks and play less because of the $$ swings being more.

A safe estimate is most are in the 12-25hrs/wk range. And I do play more than 25hrs/mo even during the school year, BK lies.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids,

[/ QUOTE ]

I averaged 60+ hrs per week last month. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I probably average close to 50hrs/week during the winter months and 30 during the summer.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Schneids to me your numbers look way off. I'd think there are closer to 1000 making 100k/yr. I also think most professionals put in over 25/hours week and many by a long shot.

-Jason
Old 12-10-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids,

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than james, I play the most and I average about 25 hours per week. Schneids is lucky to play 25 hours per MONTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha..schneids hates mani.

Barron
Old 12-10-2005, 08:03 PM

yes don't forget about the PLO omaha players. There are quite a few who are easily pulling in over 100K playing 2/4-10/20 online.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad example. Guys like BK, Scenids, James etc... have very well balanced lives, while many full time pros have a lot less better things to do with their time then play shittons of hours. Also, there might just be some people who are really motivated nd just don't sleep in favor of playing poker even though they aren't full time players. I think most full time pros average over 25 hrs/week