Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Calling an all-in with Q-10suited (let the beatings begin)

With a stack that small, first in will not help him. If the big blind has a clue of how to play poker at all, he would call before he ever looked at his cards and possbily the small blind also.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:30 PM

The point isnt that the people behind him will call him with any two cards for 1300, they will. But my point is that with the action in front of him with Q10 he would have a better chance doubling up pushing into the players behind him who have random hands rather than pushing into a raise and a call.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:35 PM

a guuyy pushing for less than 1 BB, and a big stack calling him is basically two random hands anyway. waiting for better hands is going to cost you more than you'd gain (if you'd gain anything, i'm not even convinced)
Old 11-21-2005, 02:51 PM

just as a clarification, I had taken a fairly bad beat a few hands before, which cut my chips down to the 1300 level. I wasn't simply letting the blinds eat away without making a move.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point isnt that the people behind him will call him with any two cards for 1300, they will. But my point is that with the action in front of him with Q10 he would have a better chance doubling up pushing into the players behind him who have random hands rather than pushing into a raise and a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a call all-in for <1BB when he is all in next hand anyways (MASSIVE range) and a limp. Why would you say he's dominated? There's money in the pot and we need it. If somehow we doubled up in the next 2 hands we'd just have to put it all in anyways with a random hand when our BB was around anyways. QTs is considerably better than average.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Um, The pot will contain at least 300 (antes) + 1000 (BB) +500 (SB) + 950(Shorty) + 1300(caller) = t4050.

Yeah, I'll put all of my chips in getting better than 3:1 when I have ~1 BB left and cover the shortstack (at least 5th place if he busts). In fact, I'd do this with any SC, any pair, any two broadway, any ace .... This seems like a pretty clear cut decision to me.

-J.A.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:47 PM

its a no brainer, auto push/call. the question is, what are you folding? whats the worst hand i could go in here. i think id play any pair (except maybe 22) any two cards 9 or above, any suited connectors down to 65s maybe even 54s. also maybe 98o. comments???
Old 11-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Another misinterpretation of a HOH concept...

I'd call this in a flash, for basically every single reason that Exit said.