Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2005, 10:51 PM

Default ($6) - Raised Min PF & Flopped 3rd NF in the SB - Bad move to check?

So I don't know what I am thinking here anymore when I flop a good hand against a field where someone raised the min. Please help! Its killing me! You know I check my good hands to them in hopes that they will bet, but when I see them bet the minimum on the flop after raising the min on the flop, I want to barf all over myself. Against these players should I just come out betting?

Look at this hand also. Bad line to take? Should I of come out betting instead of checking to the person who raised the min PF? More so for protection as well in my hand?

And finally. Should I really treat a PF raise of the min as just a pot sweetener and just come out betting? Im just killing myself checking to these peeps when I flop a good hand and it seems like I am giving way to many freecards?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

MP1 (t1725)
MP2 (t535)
MP3 (t110)
CO (t565)
Button (t635)
SB (t990)
Hero (t1645)
UTG (t675)
UTG+1 (t1120)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t60</font>, MP2 calls t60, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t30, UTG calls t30.

Flop: (t255) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t30</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises all in for t615</font> MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t315.

Turn: (t930) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t930) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t930

Thanks for your help. I will get back to this thread after I change shirts. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]