Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-21-2005, 11:39 PM

Default $.25/.50 Did I have the odds to call straight draw?

I called the raise preflop since I was last to act and getting 9 to 1 by calling.

On the flop I was ready to fold because of the bet and raise because I knew most likely UTG+1 was going to re-raise after my call, so I was actually calling at least 3 bets. But by the time it got to me the pot was so large that I was spending the eventual 3 bets to win the total pot this round of at least 17 bets (after UTG+1's 3 bet and the other two fold). And I had the feeling that MP1 was only going to call rather then fold or 4 bet it).

The 3 to the flush on the river scared me, but I had no info to say someone hit, so I just bet with the intention of calling a raise.

So what do you guys think, was I too loose in my calls?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls $0.25 (All-In).

River: (18.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 10-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: $.25/.50 Did I have the odds to call straight draw?

Preflop is a bit loose.

1. On the flop, how many outs do you have?
2. What odds do you need from the pot?
3. What are your immediate odds offered by the pot?
4. If you knew UTG+1 would 3-bet and MP1 and MP2 would call, what odds would the pot be offering you then the first time around?

You need to be able to answer these questions quickly. With practice, you will.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a bit loose.

1. On the flop, how many outs do you have?
2. What odds do you need from the pot?
3. What are your immediate odds offered by the pot?
4. If you knew UTG+1 would 3-bet and MP1 and MP2 would call, what odds would the pot be offering you then the first time around?

You need to be able to answer these questions quickly. With practice, you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I know those things already, I had it figured out as the hand was playing out.

I know I'm sometimes too loose and aggressive sometimes, but how is calling a 2 bet wrong from the BB when my call closed the action?

edit: I knew with the eventual 3 bet call on the flop I was getting at least 4 to 1 on my money. Probably over 5 to 1 if you include implied odds since this table was very loose. I figured that would be good enough since I had an open ended straight draw.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:10 AM

If the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that's not the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , what's your plan?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that's not the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , what's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't see why this matters.

to the op - nice hand
Old 10-22-2005, 12:36 AM

The only thing I'd have done differently is I'd have 3-bet the flop.

Preflop, it's 9:1 to you with "absolute position", a little loose, but I'll make that call too.

OESD with a rainbow flop and callers and raisers? I'm pushing my draw on the flop.

Turn C/R is great.

Great bet on the end. If they sucked out a backdoor flush draw with that much action, so be it.

The only thing I'd have been scared of was the board pairing. It didn't. If it had on the end, I'd have probably checked/called.

NH.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:36 AM

PF still iffy 9:1

other than that, ni han
Old 10-22-2005, 12:57 PM

cool okay thanks guys.

But so what's with a few people saying my PF call was loose? I could have sworn heads up calling a two bet in the BB is 3 to 1 and at least even money if the raiser has a wide enough range of hands to raise with. So with 4 players already calling and me closing the action by calling 1 bet for 9 in the pot, how is that loose? Sorry maybe I didn't make it clear that this table was loose, so a raise does not mean a large pocket pair, it could also be Ax or Kx.

Here are the results:
Hero has 7s 9d (straight, jack high).
UTG+1 has Tc Ac (one pair, tens).
MP2 has Qh Ks (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.50 BB.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:19 PM

I think your preflop call is fine.

I'd have been even more aggressive on the flop. Against four people, I'm opening the betting. And with two people already calling the three-bet, I'm capping. With my OESD and this many opponents, I want to see as much money as possible in the pot, and there's not even a flush draw yet on the flop.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:22 PM

Fold preflop, Cap the flop.
rest is standard.