Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Default PokerAce Hud - Version 0.33 - PokerRoom and Absolute

(crosspost from Software, please post all replies there)

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Hud version 0.33.

Download Version 0.33 here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

PokerAce Hud is a companion application for the PokerTracker online poker hand history tracking application. PA Hud reads the statistics from PokerTracker and places them directly on the poker client window as you play.

What's New in Version 0.33:

# New: PokerRoom.com/Hollywood Poker support
# New: Absolute Poker support
# Changed: Added 3 more combined stats for a total of 4 available
# Fixed: Layout manager duplicate popup crash
# Fixed: Description of Raise/Call/Fold to Continuation Bet in popup
# Fixed: UB player detection (auto rotation)
# Fixed: TTL AGGR showing 0 instead of oo
# Fixed: UB tournament all-in (hands at showdown)
# Fixed: Crashing bug that some people experience (hopefully)

Future of PokerAce Hud

When I first announced that I was going to develop an alternative to PlayerView and GameTime+, nobody knew what to expect, not even me. I had originally planned on writing a simple application that did what PlayerView did. I wasn't going to make it feature rich or easy to use. The first version (named PlayerStats) was like this. Those who used it liked it, and I decided to go ahead and make something that rivaled PlayerView in terms of functionality and useability. After the first few releases of PokerAce Hud, it was at the point where it offered everything that PlayerView offered. However, I didn't stop there. I continued to add features and support new sites. With this latest release, PokerAce Hud supports nearly 60 different sites (counting all the crypto and prima skins) and offers an unmatched level of customization. All this and it's pretty stable and easy on resources too.

Since the beginning, people have asked if I'm going to charge and if so, how much. Well, I'm going to answer that question right now. I have worked very hard on PA Hud, spending hundreds of hours researching and developing. I've also spent many hours offering support to those who have come to me with questions and problems. I've decided that in order to continue to put forth that same level of dedication, I am going to have to start charging.

In my earlier posts I said that for the equivalent functionality of PlayerView, I would charge $20. I think everyone who has used PokerAce Hud will agree that it offers far more functionality than PlayerView. So how much am I going to be charging? I've decided to charge $25 for PokerAce Hud. I feel this is a fair price for the quality and level of functionality that PA Hud offers.

Those of you who have donated up to this date will receive a free license, regardless of the amount. Your generosity while PA Hud was still free is greatly appreciated, and I will continue to show the list of donators on the website for all to see. Those who wish to donate now, I ask that you wait until the commercial version is released.

One thing I want to make perfectly clear is that I will not abandon PokerAce Hud after I make a few sales. You will receive the same level of support that I have offered from the beginning and I will continue to make improvements and fix bugs. So what's on the list for future enhancements?

Increased Performance. There have been some good suggestions made by others on how to speed up the database activity that PA Hud does. I've also come up with some ideas of my own on improving the general speed of the application.

Reduced/Eliminated Flickering. I have been researching a variety of ways to reduce or even eliminate the flickering that some sites have. I believe I've come up with a good way to do this and it should be available pretty soon.

New Sites: Pacific and Paradise. These are next on the list and should be available very soon, possibly in the next version.

Better Tournament Support. I'm going to be adding new stats that are tournament specific. I'm also going to add filtering options so you can limit the stats you see by the current tournament blind level, for example.

Usability Improvements. I have a ton of ideas on making PA Hud more user friendly and have received a large number of suggestions of things you want. A good number of these will make their way in.

Much, Much More. As long as you keep using PokerAce Hud and keep giving me ideas for improvement, there will never be a lack of new features being added.

Beta Testers

The next version that I release will be version 1.0. PokerAce Hud will no longer be released as public betas. What does this mean? It means that instead of introducing new features to everyone, I will release new features to a small group of testers who will weed out a lot of the bugs. This will mean that you won't need to download new versions quite as often, and when you do, the features should be pretty stable. I will need some of you who will be willing to test these beta version to sign up for it. More information can be found here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500

There is a tutorial up on the PokerAce Software website that gives detailed instructions on how to configure and use PokerAce Hud. If you are having an issue, please read through the tutorial. Chances are, your issue is addressed in there and you'll likely get things resolved faster than trying to contact me to help you.

If you've experienced problems in the past, please download this version to see if your problem has been fixed, even if it's not mentioned in the list above. Sometimes I fix bugs and forget to mark them on the list. Let me know if your problem still exists in this version. I'm doing my best to get all the bugs squashed as soon as I can.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list on the PokerAce Software website to be notified of new releases by email.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.33 - PokerRoom and Absolute

I think every single damn person who reads this thread should chime in with a big thank you to PokerAce for his contributions on this project. Not to diminish Amir's contributions, but this program surpasses PV in every way imagineable and the level of support that we've gotten is staggering.

If anyone complains about a $25 price point, it will be laughable. This might be the best investment you'll ever make.

Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:27 PM

I have always used GT+ with no problems at all. Is PokerAce one of the programs that the poker sites frown on?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 PM

This is great news. Your hard work and dedication is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm glad you're only charging $25 and not a % of my winnings [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always used GT+ with no problems at all. Is PokerAce one of the programs that the poker sites frown on?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, PokerAce Hud is fine with the poker sites. PokerStars even has it listed as approved.

Please do not make any more posts in this thread. Instead, post in the original post in the Software forum. Posting here will cause this thread to be locked.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:00 PM

Thank you. I already owned PV when I donated, and I have been tremendously pleased with the quality of your product, and your tireless work to support the major sites. I hope you rake it in!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 PM

I'll definitely be buying.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:20 PM

This is a no-brainer buy at this price. nh
Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think every single damn person who reads this thread should chime in with a big thank you to PokerAce for his contributions on this project. Not to diminish Amir's contributions, but this program surpasses PV in every way imagineable and the level of support that we've gotten is staggering.

If anyone complains about a $25 price point, it will be laughable. This might be the best investment you'll ever make.

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hear hear!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 PM

And I'm a Journeyman (suddenly, woo-hoo!), so I know what I'm talking about. ;-)

Absolute support? Pokerroom support?? I feel all tingly inside!
Closed Thread