Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 02:41 PM

Default AKo in EP

Table has been pretty tight, villian included.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I'm particularly concerned about my flop play. And the possible holdings of MP when he 3-bets the preflop. Comments? Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Re: AKo in EP

Looks fine to me. I'm guessing you chopped it.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM

pick up pokertracker for better reads.

i tend to cap this, but out of position against tight players, meh. a 3-bet varies way too much person to person.. but say QQ+,AK, (50% of the time w/ JJ/AQs) for starters.. plus some random unpredictable junk on occasion.

once you flop the K, you are looking pretty good. the check-raise is fine if he'll autobet most of his holdings. you'd hate to give a free card to something like J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:05 PM

Even if the villain is tight, 3 betting AA-JJ(maybe TT), as well as AKs and AK would make sense to me.

play looks fine, its how i'd play it but i'd be curious if any of the other posters here smooth call the flop and check raise the turn (i don't think i check raise enough -1.26%). Outside of the two clubs on board, you don't appear to vulnerable.

BTW, the button doesn't seem too tight!