Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Soft Contact Lenses

It doesnt matter if your fingers are dry or what not. The most important things are that your contact lens is moist, and that your index finger tip only touches the outside center of the lens. Use the 2-finger method and a mirror when you are starting out man, and make sure you try to relax and "unfocus" your eyes before plopping the lens in.

If you are putting in the lens right-side in and they still dont "stick" or feel comfortable then maybe you are wearing an incorrect size. I think all eye doctors let you wear the contact lens for a week or so to make sure the size fits you well and you have no problems before giving you the prescription. Might want to have a talk with that doctor about your lens not fitting before committing to a couple of boxes of contacts.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:12 PM

Luzion,

It does matter. If your fingers are too wet the lens will stick to your finger instead of your eye, and is more likely to flip inside-out onto your finger tip.

TONY
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 PM

You are right, now that I think about it. I take it back. If your finger is too wet then sometimes it'll stick to your finger too much when you trying to plop it on top of your eye. The worst is when you get it on top of your eye but its still stuck partially to your finger. If you're not careful then the contact can fall out into the sink, or on the floor when you try to remove your finger and blink.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will get it, it just takes time and practice. On mine if you hold them up to the light, it will read 123. If it is backwards, they are turned inside out and you need to fix that. Just keep doing it, it's annoying, but after a while, they go in nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here
Old 11-30-2005, 11:27 PM

I think the real problem may be the particular brand of lenses. I tried to switch brands once and had to go through 3 different kinds because the doctor didn't like how they "shuffled" in my eyes when I blinked. Talk to your doc.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 PM

I remember going through this, here's what I did: get comfortable touching your eye, then when applying the lens, move your finger in a few tiny circles before pulling your finger back. Eventually you won't have to do this.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 AM

I just got a sample pair of contacts on tuesday, and I'm going through the same thing. It gets easier each time. For me, the actual mechanics of doing it is easy, it's just getting over the instinct to not shove my finger in my eye. Fortunately, I got the CIBA Focus Night and Day lenses, so once I'm used to them, I can leave them in for up to 30 days.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got a sample pair of contacts on tuesday, and I'm going through the same thing. It gets easier each time. For me, the actual mechanics of doing it is easy, it's just getting over the instinct to not shove my finger in my eye. Fortunately, I got the CIBA Focus Night and Day lenses, so once I'm used to them, I can leave them in for up to 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got these. they still dry your eyes out at night. it doesn't hurt like hell though in the morning like others will. i recommend taking them out at least once or twice a week for extended comfort.