Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Questions regarding Absolute Poker

I am currently working off a reload bonus, and I noticed it was going VERY slowly. I was three-tabling $2/4 short-handed and I checked my bonus points expecting to have worked off AT LEAST $20 worth. I was shocked to find I hadn't even cleared $10 after two hours.

I wrote them an email asking about this and then went back to experiment with one table and keep tabs on my points.

It turns out that they are giving me credit only for hands where I PUT ADDITIONAL MONEY into the pot, beyond the blinds. I know some sites do this, but I believe three weeks ago, I was receiving credit for all raked hands.

Not only this, but I have two other problems with this site. Firstly, I don't know how many emails I have sent to them (nice ones...) that have not received replies (until I sent them less-mice ones over 48 hours later). This does not do much for one of their testimonials touting something like "you emailed me back within ten minutes and solved my problem. No other poker site has done that!"

Another problem is that they rake NO-FLOP hands. That KILLS short-handed, especially heads-up!

What are others impressions of this site? I initially like playing on it. Their software is good and the games are good, but if I can't claim bonus money as they stipulate, I will discontinue playing on this site.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Questions regarding Absolute Poker

There are several threads discussing this in the internet gambling forum.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:14 PM

I haven't had those bonus clearing problems. Also they reply to my e-mails pretty fast. However I didn't now about that they rake no flop hands. whats the minimum pot have to be, for a rake though, I'm guessing when you steal the blinds from the button you dont have enough in the pot anyways to get a rake.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:24 PM

They seem to have changed their policy sometime in the last couple of days. I was clearing a signup bonus at a nice clip, a raked hand was counted whenever the rake was .25 or more, whether or not I contributed to the pot. Without notice Absolute has started counting only hands in which the rake reaches .25 AND I have contributed to the pot. Clearing the bonus has become very, very slow.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 PM

This also raises questions for our hosts, Poker Source Online. How does this effect collecting PSO signup rewards? Clearly Absolute has changed their policy, what is PSO's response?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:32 PM

Are we sure that they changed their policy, or is it just a software glitch they should be correcting?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:54 PM

last night I was getting credit for every raked hand, not just hands i contributed to.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
last night I was getting credit for every raked hand, not just hands i contributed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

hopefully this is just a bug.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:09 PM

I just noticed this today, so I hope it's a bug and they fix it soon.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

hopefully this is just a bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

i received credit for each raked hand i was involved in last night too, including where i folded pf.