Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Poker Tracker GT+ stats

Lately I've been using the function in Poker Tracker where it displays your stats only for the table you're sitting at, and this has made me realize how skewed those stats can be. For example last night I was sitting at a table with 43/27 stats and was murdering the table after more than 70 hands. If I had been sitting at that table I would have taken me to be a total LAG and would have been trying to isolate me. Then at another table I might be 16/0/.75 agg, just because of the cards/situations I was catching.

I realize that even 70 hands is nowhere near the sample size needed to be truly accurate, but I think I was trusting some of these stats a little too much before. After how many hands do you start to trust GT+ and adjust your game?
Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker GT+ stats

you're right, it's difficult to trust the stats with only a few hands, but it still helps in some decisions. But as your PT database gets larger, you will have more and more hands accumulated on players.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker GT+ stats

Once you note a hand or 2 that they raised A6o UTG you can get a decent feel for their play with limited stats.

Also good to know your stats so you can get an idea of your table image.