Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Preflop Decisions

Ok, I am not a MTT player but have recently started on the 30+3's at Party, NL. Here are three decisions I had to make today:

1. Blinds 150-300. QTo on the button. A loose, predictable player limps UTG, folded to you. LAG in the BB, poor player in the SB. Final table, you are 2nd shortest with T1800 or so.

2. AKo in MP3. Blinds 200-400. UTG+1 (big stack, no read) raises to 400. Folded to you and your 1900 chips.

3. TT in the BB. 200-400, you have T3500. Four players limp.

Thanks,
NT
Old 08-26-2004, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Preflop Decisions

1) If you think UTG will fold to a big raise then you push. I don't like calling here, and there is nothing wrong with folding, but if he is really loose and will fold this might be a chance to pick up 750 chips.

2) Easy all-in here.

3) THis one is close for me, but I think I push all-in. I suspect you will be called though, and have a coin toss on your hands. If you don't want to risk that, there is nothing wrong with just checking and seeing a flop.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Preflop Decisions

Thanks for the reply.

Hand 1, it seemed a little too possible for UTG to call my all-in, and with two loose/bad players in the lines I mucked it. Flop came QTx rainbow. Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hand 2, I pushed, got called by JJ and doubled up.

Hand 3, I felt like I was cruising and decided to see a flop and either bust somebody or give up my TT quietly. Flop was QJ2 with two clubs and I check-folded.

Your advice basically coincided with my thought process, which made me happy. This was my second MTT and I ended up winning it - once ITM the players were way too passive and I rolled right over them.

NT