Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: AK vs. c/r

I find the problem with play a TAG style is that these are the types of hands that cause a lot of trouble. Villian could have gotten you all in without c/r the flop.

This is almost similar to overplaying overpairs which has been one of my problems but the solution is to be a bit more weak tight. That doesn't mean cbet but in the face of opposition or a calling station eventually we have to give up the hand.

I think laying down the best hand (or what we think is the best hand) is very difficult to do... but should be done sometimes.

Guin
Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check flop, call turn, bet river or call if he bets again. Presto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that line too. This board is rainbow. Would you use that line if there were two spades on the board?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:53 PM

If you're just planning to fold once he re-raises on the turn, what is the point of calling the flop? There really aren't any draws on that board. I'd check and see what happens on the turn. Since he seems to think you'll make a continuation bet 100% of the time, I think he could be looking you up with nothing. Not betting the flop is a dramatic shift in strategy and might freak villian out a little bit.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about checking this flop, but since I c/b almost 100% of flops, I thought it would look fishy and would cost me action against a lesser king or 77+
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This board is rainbow. Would you use that line if there were two spades on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]