Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Official Week #3 lines for the \"3+1 Challenge-2005\" contest

I assume that you're referring to me, though I went 1-3, as if it matters. In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't the one mocking your picks; I think the guy who quoted them and wrote "ROTFLMAO" had that covered. I was simply pointing that I'm a wuss who doesn't like to put his opinions on the line, as you did, for the reasons that Bulldog made obvious. And if I wrote that your picks looked cocky, well, they did. My picks look stupid in retrospect too; my point was that I'd much rather limit my exposure to hindsight.

I guess Bulldog, being a veteran with a +$600 week was a tougher target.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was simply pointing that I'm a wuss who doesn't like to put his opinions on the line, as you did, for the reasons that Bulldog made obvious.

my point was that I'd much rather limit my exposure to hindsight.

I guess Bulldog, being a veteran with a +$600 week was a tougher target.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why posting picks without an explaination should really be considered less cocky. Aren't those cappers saying there's no debate, no reasoning required?

Now, extra-cocky by posting aggressive reasoning, gets whammied

As to this Bulldog poster, I have a feeling that the gods of 3+1 will punish him rather soon. See Lottery Larry's results this past week for a reminder not to trifle with the football gods.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can see how my Oakland/Philly comments might've been interperated as elitist or whatever, but that's it.

who finished 0-3-1 last week and is looking up at me in the standings has any room to mock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both the mocking post and your attacking reply were well-deserved [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But I say keep it up- better to put it out there than just wimp along...
Old 09-27-2005, 04:53 PM

trifle not with the football gods by poor sportsmanship, for they will mock back...
Old 09-27-2005, 05:26 PM

It's not always bad to post reasons. These were pretty much right on. I missed the last one due to an injured QB and a coaches challenge reversed at the end of the game. Either way, the 3rd pick was tough for me last week as I explained.

[ QUOTE ]
$400 Vikings -4 Come on now. We all know the Vikings are better than they have shown. Everyone is talking about Culpepper and his confidence being shot. Well, look at his last four games against the Saints and you will see he has not been held under 300 yards. Last year he threw for about 450 against them. This is a team where he should have TONS of confidence. Also, this line opened at Min -6.5 and has now dropped to -3.5. This is where I see the extra value. Now for the Saints. They played a very inspired game the first game of the year. Their situation has got to wear on them as the season goes on. They are essentially playing their 3rd road game in a row. Plus, add the fact that they played Monday night and had a short week, you now have my entire list of reasons I like the VIkings at home to put a good game together.

$300 Packers +3.5 Last week the Packers had their absolute worst offensive game in 13 years. On the other hand, the Bucs probably played the best two games they might play all year long the past two weeks. All of this is fresh in everyone's mind this week. Tampa is the better team this year but this line has value written all over it. Give me the pack with the points at home this week.

$200 Broncos -2.5 I may be one of the few that thinks KC is overrated right now. You can't deny they are a public favorite because of their play this year. However, the Raiders made all kinds of mental mistakes last week. They had two touchdowns taken off the board and also missed a field goal. That game could have gone the other way easily and the Raiders are not a very good team. The Broncos always play tough at home. People also still have that fist game loss against the Dolphins in their mind. Value I say! Also, the is KC's second straight road game and Denver's second straight home game.

$100 Jets -3 I had a hard time coming up with a third game this week. I thought about Atlanta because I believe they will hold Losman in check but decided against it due to Vick's uncertain status. I thought about the Colts but there isn't much value there as everyone loves them this year. I thought about Cincy because I think they have played very solid on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately everyone else knows it too so there is no value there. Plus, I try to stay away from road teams if possible. That left me with the Jets. Not a whole ton of reasons here. I think the first game of the year against KC might still be in some people's mind and may have some value here. I am also hoping Jacksonville is exhausted from the game with the Colts last week and has less energy this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if more people put their reasons down, it would give others a different angle to think about (possibly.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$400 Denver
$300 Dolphins
$200 San Fran
$100 Browns

GL [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

4-0 woot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 10:38 PM

Relax, dude. It's just a game. Enjoy the smack talk! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$400 Denver
$300 Dolphins
$200 San Fran
$100 Browns

GL [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

4-0 woot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well done... you get an official "woot" from me... but I also hate you since I am now 1-6-1 ... FADE ME TITLE SHALL BE MINE!!!