Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Tricky 99 hand.

Villian was very loose and passive. He had been losing. A lot.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
1 fold UTG+1 calls, 1 fold MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, [i]Hero raises, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 11-06-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Tricky 99 hand.

nh, I play it the same against an opponent who might be tilting
Old 11-06-2005, 02:31 PM

Without all those limpers (or with only, say, one of them), this is an easy calldown.

Something i struggle with is when to throw in a raise to narrow the field even when i think i'm behind. You have good position to do so in this large pot, but unless Villain is getting frisky with a pair+flush draw, i think you're drawing to 2 outs here a lot of the time.

Is the raise still worth it? It's better than calling, and i'm not ready to fold yet, so there you go.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without all those limpers (or with only, say, one of them), this is an easy calldown.

Something i struggle with is when to throw in a raise to narrow the field even when i think i'm behind. You have good position to do so in this large pot, but unless Villain is getting frisky with a pair+flush draw, i think you're drawing to 2 outs here a lot of the time.

Is the raise still worth it? It's better than calling, and i'm not ready to fold yet, so there you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to raise the turn as I couldn't have players with overcards peeling here as they were wont to do on this table. When he 3 bet me I was fairly certain I was drawing to 2 outs. I called the river cause Ed says you have to.