Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: THE TOURNEY IS READY

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to clarify this a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what happens when I'm posting half an hour before my thesis is due.
Here's what I think should happen: people have one rebuy of 100 extra BBs which they use after they go bust. The person who has 200BBs plays with those 200BBs on the table. If he loses them all, he now gets to buy in for another 100BBs. So the match ends when one of two things happens:
1) The first guy to lose 100BBs rebuys and ends up with no chips after the rebuy
2) The guy who won the first 100BBs loses those 200BBs rebuys and then runs after chips again.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:10 PM

Default So Zeebo apparently never wanted to play

Don't know what the source of the miscommunication is, but Zeebo is out. I am getting a replacement. In the meanwhile, go about your matches on UB HU play money tables with the one rebuy after losing 100BBs. We will wait for Strasser to finish his match against his to-be-determined opponent (almost definitely PickyTooth but possibly jcmoussa and evansky, in that order based on persistence in trying to get in over the last couple weeks, if PickyTooth doesn't respond relatively soon)
Old 12-09-2005, 06:26 PM

There are 8+ person waitlists on the HU UB play money tables
Old 12-09-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also how do you get more play money chips? It says I have 1000 but the stakes are 10/20...

Please don't tell me I have to play for em [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to tell you. I try making it easier to access tables by allowing different structures and people complain that it's not consistent but any consistency means limited opportunity to access tables. Earlier today there were plenty of open tables so I'd advise looking to early afternoon/other offpeak hours.

If you simply cannot find a place, I guess I'm fine with you playing wherever you and your oponnent agree to.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Not complaining. Just letting you know.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:55 PM

I find it hard to believe that a group of players that play at the stakes you guys do can't get UB or some other site to help you guys set this up. If they take a look on the amount of rake you guys create over a year, I would think they would go a far way to please you. At least you would guess some site would be interested in some nice PR among a group of such high volume players.

Just a thought.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:19 PM

[Quote]Go to Ulti[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]mateBet. They have playmoney heads up tables. Obviously look for off-peak hours. If there's a 10/20 game with two people, explain to them you have a bet on your match and ask if they'd mind leaving so you can play.[

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a better idea. FoxwoodsFiend contacted us at PokerStars and asked if we could work something out. I asked our tourney guru Henry [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Estes if he could help. He put together a special tournament for you folks so you can have your heads-up matches exactly as spec'd.

I'm sure that FoxwoodsFiend will have the details for you, but believe me, the place to play these matches (and all your poker) is at PokerStars.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Old 12-11-2005, 05:21 PM

Yeah, the details have already been posted and we've played some test matches. Working great. Thanks very much Lee!
Old 12-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Thanks lee