Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 12:06 AM

Default Yet another AA post

Paradise Poker 2/4.

I'm dealt A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] in EMP. EP1 and EP2 call, I raise, CO three-bets, EP1 caps just for kicks (seriously), EP2 folds, I and CO call. Three to the flop.

Flop: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

EP1 checks, I bet, CO raises, EP1 coldcalls, I reraise, CO caps, EP1 coldcalls again, I call.

Turn: K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

EP1 checks, I check, CO bets, EP1 folds (crazy lad), I call.

River: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

I bet, CO calls.

Comments?
Old 02-12-2003, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Yet another AA post

CO had the red queens for a flopped set.

-- Homer
Old 02-12-2003, 01:01 AM

I would be scared depending on what I thought the CO would be willing to cap it with especailly after that flop. If he is a crazy player then who cares but if he has some common sense there is a good chance he either flopped a set or turned one. I would still have to call him down though with all of EP1 and EP2's money in there.

Glad it worked out for you. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Thoughts

In an attempt to create more commentary, here are my thoughts on the hand:

Flop: After CO raises me, I still think there is a decent shot I am ahead, as he could have KK, KQs, AQ, or AK (this opponent would raise the flop with AK). After EP1 coldcalled I decided that I should definitely reraise, as this player is terrible, and is most likely coldcalling with Qx or Jx (I know he capped preflop, but trust me he would do so with these hands). His money is essentially dead money. After CO caps, I know I am in trouble and am most likely behind. However, I have odds to spike an ace on the turn, plus I might still be ahead of KK.

Turn: Okay, if I wasn't behind before, I almost certainly am now. However, I have six outs on the river with an ace or ten (I am certain a ten will garner me the entire pot). Thus, I have odds to call on the turn, so I check-call.

River: I think a checkraise could be argued for here, but I had a feeling my opponent would fear the flush and straight and check it through, even if he had a set.

-- Homer
Old 02-12-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Thoughts

Homer,

It just doesn't seem like there is all that much to talk about. Yes, in the heat of the moment these are the kind of hands that can be really confusing as to where you are, but I think you played each street very well with good clear thought behind each action.

Allan
Old 02-12-2003, 12:42 PM

Thanks Allan. I suppose not receiving responses can be a good sign because it means there are no obvious errors for other posters to comment on. I appreciate your confirmation that I played the hand well.

-- Homer
Old 02-12-2003, 12:50 PM

I agree entirely, you have to bet that river, because that is the scariest of all boards and he will likely check an underset, which is probably what he has, or two pair. You don't have to worry at all about the broadway and very little about the flush.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:02 PM

Well played, but for strategic purposes I would flat call the flop bet, hehehe, and see how things develop. This is expecially true since the CO is sure to raise no matter what he has.

- Louie