Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 03:48 PM

Default I am the TT Unimproved Butcher - Help!

I am absolutely confounded with TT. I just don't think I am playing these hands right post-flop. A key indicator here is that I don't know WHY I'm choosing certain actions.

I'm also losing money and screwing up on 99, so I'm sure playing these pairs post-flop is a serious leak for me. I am much more confident playing ATs or KQo than these hands.

I'll show two recent hands.

HAND #1

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> I forced myself away from my desire to just call and raised. The re-raise has me thinking high pair or hopefully AKs. </font>

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> I woulda bet if it was checked to me. I called because I still had top pair. The raise put me in call-down mode fearing a higher pocket pair. Perhaps I should've raised and folded to a re-raise here?</font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="blue">I'm lost here and just shift to call down mode because I can't let go of top pair. </font>

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="blue">I'm lost here and just shift to call down mode because I can't let go of top pair. </font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

HAND #2

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

<font color="blue"> Should this be a bet/fold-to-raise? </font>

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 01-20-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: I am the TT Unimproved Butcher - Help!

Do you have any reads for hand 1? If he's at all tight, this might be worth a muck. I tend to be quite careful against UTG raises.

I might have thrown in a raise on the flop in the first hand, but calling down isn't so bad after the preflop cap.

In the second hand, I think the check-fold is fine with both the ace and the queen out. You raised preflop with probably the best hand, but the flop and turn went against you. There's not much else you can do.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM

I think that your 2nd hand is well-played.

First hand: this is very read specific. Do you have any read on UTG? If not, raise the flop. He could just be betting with AK, AQ, KQ, or a spade draw (which would probably be AK or AQ anyways). You need to raise to take control, and to get a free card if you want on the turn.

If you know UTG is a solid player, still raise the flop and if you get reraised, call the raise and fold to a turn bet.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:29 PM

I like how you played the first hand if you don't have any reads on the villian.

I'd bet the turn on the second hand. There is no real reason to think that one of your opponents has an ace. You however have been playing the hand which might suggest that YOU have an ace so a hand such as KQ or QJ may fold the best hand.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:37 PM

I like hand 1. You might want to raise the river if you think villian would bet like that with UI AK.

Hand 2 I bet the turn and fold to a raise. The reason why is that they don't know you have 1010. They might give you credit for AK, AQ, AJ, AA whatever. If they don't have the A they're folding possibly with a Q in their hand. When you check you show fear and beg for a bluff from CO.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks to all so far . I'm frustrated that I'm a net loser with both TT and 99 (only over 3k hands at Party, I haven't looked at my Paradise db yet). Blah blah, sample size, etc.

A couple of those hands I was unwilling to re-raise pre-flop with TT, so I refuse to post those hands with a likely pre-flop error because the saw-flop outcome *could* have been different on those.

As for HAND #1 reads, I had less than one rotation on the table so no read at all. He showed down KK. (Wish I'd had 99 that time!)

It would've saved me 1 BB if I'd bet the turn and folded to a raise, so I can buy in to that argument. Sometimes post-flop I think I'm beaten but I'm not convinced I'm beaten so I shift to cheap-showdown mode.

I think on Hand #1 with an overcard on the board, I would've folded, but I just couldn't resist taking it to showdown in case I found myself a TAA who was betting overcards or flush draw.