Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Never give up...

There was a post about how some guys just gives up if he's down in chips. There was also another post about the best comeback. Well I've got a funny story.

20+2 PP levl 2. I was HU in early position with AQs vs early limper. Flop was QJT. I was a bit stupid, and needlessly to say, my TPTK didn't make it. I had put him all in sensing weakness. Turns out he had bottom two pair. Thanks to an early blind steal, I still 80 chips left after I put him all in. With a full table, I thought I was a goner. Feeling a little bit frisky, I decided to play the role of a smart manic, and manage to make quite a come back. Lucky for me, the chip leader was a weak passive, so I was to blind on the bubble. I made it all the way up to 2nd in chips with t2500 while the leader only had 3200. To be fair, I got there without sucking out on anyone. Actually... never even saw the river 9 times out of ten. I did get more than my fair share of gems in the hole though.

When it gets down to the final 3, my stack was about the same. #3 manager to take out #4 in chips, putting him t200 ahead of me. I made a shot at the blinds with A4 and got called by KJ. Flop was AK9. River bailed him out with a J and I was a goner. All in all a good run.

Cliff notes: don't give up.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Never give up...

I don't have the patience for MTTs.

In one freeroll MTT I went all-in but lost and was left with T40 at level 1. I just went all-in every single marginally decent hand I had. Best was when I went all in with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and caught a straight flush.

Eventually I had a big enough stack that I just posted blinds / away'ed myself ITM. Won a whopping $4.