Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 03:07 AM

Default Good RR then Fold?

My style prior to trying to learn from you folks would have been to call this one down passively. Instead, I tried a RR to gain information(?) and folded with a bet to me on turn. Was this right?

UTG in this is a player who sees 75% flops, who never raises PF, and has post-Flop aggression factor below 0.2 in a sample size of around 100 hands.

Maybe with this read I should've folded at the flop bet?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 12-01-2004, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Good RR then Fold?

With a good read that Villain is very passive, this line is probably ok w/this small pot. I'd probably call down otherwise though, although that might be a mistake with the small pot. Don't fold to a flop bet. Even if Villain is very passive I think he'd probably bet a PP lower than 77. In general, I like the flop c/r here to fold BB's possible overcards and to see where you're at.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Good RR then Fold?

You have the right idea here. I would bet/fold the turn instead of check/folding though.

Brad