Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Hand Advice? I became a Calling Station?

I'm fairly new to online microlimits poker. I've read Lee Jones and lurked on various forums for a while.

Here's a hand I would love some advice on:
1) Should I have RR after the flop even though the other players were doing the raising for me?

2) After turn & river, I just checked/called. My rationale was that I "thought" I'd lost for some reason (put one of those guys on pocket KK or QQ), but had a good enough hand to want to see to the end. Was I wrong?

Player "MANIAC" was calling/raising to the end with ridiculous hands. Player nickname "NoRead..." is self-explanatory.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: BruinEric is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="purple">(NoReadonThisOpponent)</font> raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, BruinEric calls, BB <font color="purple">(MANIAC)</font> calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BruinEric bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MANIAC raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">NoReadonThisOpponent 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BruinEric calls, <font color="CC3333">MANIAC caps</font>, NoReadonThisOpponent calls, BruinEric calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BruinEric checks, MANIAC checks, <font color="CC3333">NoReadonThisOpponent bets</font>, BruinEric calls, <font color="CC3333">MANIAC raises</font>, NoReadonThisOpponent calls, BruinEric calls.

River: (16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BruinEric checks, <font color="CC3333">MANIAC bets</font>, NoReadonThisOpponent calls, BruinEric calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BruinEric has 4h 4s (full house, fours full of kings).
MANIAC has Kc Jh (three of a kind, kings).
NoReadonThisOpponent has As Ah (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: BruinEric wins 19 BB. </font>
Old 11-11-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Hand Advice? I became a Calling Station?

i would fold preflop with the maniac left to act. you have great relative position to him, so good seat selection if it was intentional.

you can cap the flop and turn. when noread doesn't 3-bet the turn.. you are probably good to cap the river.

don't include the results.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 PM

The flop call may be ok with plans to check-raise the turn, but on the turn and river you gotta keep betting and raising as much as you can!!! KK or QQ would raise pre-flop so they probably dont have it, the only other hand that beats you is KQ, but that would not slow me down.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:22 PM

I fold pre-flop. After that, I never slow down.

Edit: I didn't realize that UTG+1 and NoReadonThisOpponent were the same person. My play is the same as btspider -- if 3-bet on the turn, call down.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:50 PM

I am not crazy about that call preflop. I probably would have folded those 44, unless I was BB.

I would have capped that flop.

On the turn, I think you should have raised after the UTG raised or you should have 3 bet after the maniac raised. If it gotted capped then I would go into check/call mode.

I would raise that river.