Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Thank you Mike Caro

[ QUOTE ]
How are you behind KT with AK on a AKT5 board, exactly?

You're behind QJ, AA, KK, TT, 55, and that's it.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! I was wondering why I was getting these questions and reread my post. The flop was KT5. I screwed up my own story....
Old 09-18-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see you are getting into that game!

Who was the hand with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely get to go anymore so I don't know many regulars. Though since I took home $1100 in two days maybe I can talk my wife into some accomodation.

The guy was medium. Medium build (maybe a little heavy), medium height, medium hair (brown), balding, glasses. There were two guys at the table who looked like this, and the other was a definite regular, so I might have mistaken whether my opponent was a regular.

[ QUOTE ]

Raise more PF, a 20 raise in this game is weak. The standard raise is between 25 and 40. Considering your image at this point, make it 35 or 40, you are still going to get your calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game actually wandered into the "tight" territory occasionally, depending on who busted out. When it was $15 was often taking down the blinds, $20 was folding limpers. I like the 3BB+1 for each limper rule, and don't mind action.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop looks fine. BB likely has AT, A5 or KQ and his bet is kind of weak considering the pot and your image. If he had a set he would have bet less or checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I misreported the flop, it was KT5, but I agree, probably KT, KQ, or K5. Even as aggressive as I thought he was, he wouldn't lead with a set. Not on that friendly board.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn his bet of 75 is again smells weak and makes me think he has AT or A5 and not KQ or a set, I would RR 150 here, he will likely call this, especially if you put the "tell" on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the weak tight in my game. I alternate between hypo aggression, and passive calling with good hands. In this case I didn't want to lose him if he had a bad hand. I can lose a lot to a set in the second case, though.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I rarely get to go anymore so I don't know many regulars. Though since I took home $1100 in two days maybe I can talk my wife into some accomodation.

The guy was medium. Medium build (maybe a little heavy), medium height, medium hair (brown), balding, glasses. There were two guys at the table who looked like this, and the other was a definite regular, so I might have mistaken whether my opponent was a regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a very solid regular there that more or less fits that discription. Did he wear his glass on the end of his nose? And keep them on top of his head most of time, but flip them down when playing or checking hole cards?

If yes, then he is a very solid high stakes player. He is the best hand reader I have ran into there yet. His favorite game is the 15/30-20/40 stud game, but plays the 40, 60 and 75 game on a regular basis. He puts in several 5-150 sessions a week and is generally a winner and a big one at that.

The last time I played with him, he called 90%+ of hands before folding. He is tough to play, but his ability to read makes him easier to bluff too.

[ QUOTE ]
That's the weak tight in my game. I alternate between hypo aggression, and passive calling with good hands. In this case I didn't want to lose him if he had a bad hand. I can lose a lot to a set in the second case, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep the K high flop definately changes things a bit. He knows his two pair is likely not good anymore, but frankly this is one (if I am right on who it is) of the players that will bet his sets when OOP. I would put him on 55, TT or KT, KQ in that order on the turn and KT or KQ on the river.

Nice to see you doing well. The 5-150 can/does have some hellaious variance, especially if you have any tilt in you at all (bad beats r us should be the name of the 5-150 game), but can be very profitable.

The best nights are Tues, Wens, Friday late, and Sat. On Tues and Wens they run the nightly MTT and you get alot of hot shots in the games, Fridays nights (later) are great with all the drunks coming in after clubing. You have to love a guy that will get it all in PF with KJo. LMAO!

Saturday's are great, lots of high stakes players waiting for their game to open up a seat, and they just do not take the 5-150 seriously and tend to lose a big hand and go on monkey tilt. I think it is the their ego that nails them, they are used to playing a game with 2000-10,000 buy-in in front of them and just can't seem to understand that just because the blinds are small and the buy-in is small that the players aren't any good.

It's funny I have a couple of the regular 40+ players that will come out of their regular game to take a shot at me now when I am sitting the 5-150. They just can not stand the idea of a "low stakes" player beating them. I love head hunters. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a very solid regular there that more or less fits that discription. Did he wear his glass on the end of his nose? And keep them on top of his head most of time, but flip them down when playing or checking hole cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that guy in his fifties or so? My guy was in his thirties. Thanks for the advice on the best times, let's see what the wife will allow.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that guy in his fifties or so? My guy was in his thirties. Thanks for the advice on the best times, let's see what the wife will allow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, in his 50's or so. I love playing poker with him, I always learn something from him when he is in the game. I would like to get him on the low limit stud table sometime, it would be well worth the couple racks of white he would take me for just to learn from him. A couple of months ago I saw him rack out 12 racks from the 15 stud game...

Humm... There is another regular that is in his 30-40's that also fits that discription. He is pretty aggressive but is not a solid player. He nut peddles until he gets a stack (~500-750) then he gets looooose and calls lots of PF raises with junk and will get aggressive post flop if he hits anything and will pay off a set or better with his two pair, or top pair. He has no disipline for a long session, I have never seen him leave with more than a rack, even on those nights when he has $2K in front of him.