Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Al Sharpton for sale, slightly used.

Al Sharpton was paid $87,000 in travel and "consulting" fees by the Kerry campaign.

Big Al

According to CNN,
[ QUOTE ]
Kerry's eight other former rivals from the Democratic primary also worked to varying degrees to get Kerry elected. In particular, Wesley Clark, Bob Graham, Dick Gephardt and Dennis Kucinich often campaigned with Kerry, although the latter three mostly appeared in their home states.

But none of the other eight Democrats who were once in the race were paid travel reimbursements or consulting fees, according to a search of federal records collected by tracking service PoliticalMoneyLine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The free market system in action. What a great country! As they say in Chicago, an honest politician is one who stays bought.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Al Sharpton for sale, slightly used.

Sharpton is just another puppet of the Democratic "plantation" he is a good house....... and just like in the antebellum south is rewarded by massa(DNC). One day black America will wake up and throw of the chains of the democratic party, till then they will continue to lose influence in American politics.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:56 PM

damn those democratic chains, you are right. They should vote for someone who voted against MLK day, vote for someone against affirmitive action.

The gays should remove the wool from thier eyes and see that Bush really supports them.

and American should wizen up and see that Osama really has our best interest at heart.

Come on now, think about what you said.

Melch
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
damn those democratic chains, you are right. They should vote for someone who voted against MLK day, vote for someone against affirmitive action.

The gays should remove the wool from thier eyes and see that Bush really supports them.

and American should wizen up and see that Osama really has our best interest at heart.

Come on now, think about what you said.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You think affirmative action really enables people? It's a good thing? It's fair? It's just? It's not racist?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 AM

'Do I hear $87,000?'
Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 AM

I don't get the slave reference...Sharpton was paid for his services and others weren't. How does that make Sharpton a slave? If anything, the others were slaves.

Correct me if I'm wrong --- on second thought, you probably just thought slavery was funny.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the slave reference...Sharpton was paid for his services and others weren't. How does that make Sharpton a slave? If anything, the others were slaves.

Correct me if I'm wrong --- on second thought, you probably just thought slavery was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. It didn't really make sense to me either. Now a cartoon of Al Sharpton getting whipped at the post (or shot, stabbed, beaten, tortured, gassed, tazed, blown up, tarred &amp; feathered, drawn &amp; quartered) would be funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now a cartoon of Al Sharpton getting whipped at the post (or shot, stabbed, beaten, tortured, gassed, tazed, blown up, tarred &amp; feathered, drawn &amp; quartered) would be funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...now that's good humor.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:00 PM

If you dont understand the "plantation" analogy dealing with blacks and the DNC then well we dont have much to say to each other. Further if someone on here thinks blacks get optimal representation in the government by voting uniformly in elections for the Dems than you dont know how american politics work.

Affirmative action?? OH ya isnt that the program that made white women rich in the 70's and 80's???
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you dont understand the "plantation" analogy dealing with blacks and the DNC then well we dont have much to say to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with that.